Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bin Laden's dead  (Read 9929 times)

beveragebob

Re: Bin Laden's dead
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:56 am »
Yeah I'm glad he's dead and all. It's just funny that the timing coincides with Obama having a deadline in a day or two to announce his re-election campaign. On topic though.....I have a 22 ounce bottle of Maverick Beer from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company with the label Obama '08. Brewed by Half Moon Bay Brewing Company by Alec Moss. The same brewer guy that used to contract brew my Shark's Tooth Beer Company line in botttles out of Berkeley,CA at Golden Pacific Brewing Company(bought out by Trumer Brewery) back in the day.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:52:21 am by beveragebob »

Offline Beer Monger

• Brewer
  • ---Michael Dieterle--------- ---Seattle, WA
    • Beer Monger - Adventures In the Wonderful World of Beer.
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 08:43:41 am »
In before the lock (A 3-page long political thread?  Wow.)

I never consider any death a good thing, but I do consdier this justice for 9/11. 
Beer Monger's Blog
Follow my Beer Monger page on Facebook!

Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:14 am »
I hope that in the moments before he died, he felt fear and terror, like he inspired in so many before they were killed.

The last thing that went through his mind was a piece of lead with "Made in the U.S.A" stamped on it.

Now can we please get on with the business of hanging the rest of them?
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 08:46:42 am »
Yeah I'm glad he's dead and all. It's just funny that the timing coincides with Obama having a deadline in a day or two to announce his re-election campaign. On topic though.....I have a 22 ounce bottle of Maverick Beer from Half Moon Brewing Company with the label Obama '08. Brewed by Half Moon Bay Brewing Company by Alec Moss. The same brewer guy that used to contract brew my Shark's Tooth Beer Company line in botttles out of Berkeley,CA at Golden Pacific Brewing Company(bought out by Trumer Brewery) back in the day. 

Lucky you...   ::)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

beveragebob

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 08:51:25 am »
Yeah, I agree with Beer Monger....this is highly political and would probably be an excellent idea to lock it down at this point.

Offline HydraulicSammich

• Assistant Brewer
  • Logan, UT
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:53 am »
USA #1
A heartfelt thank you to all the men and women that rise to any occasion to keep us FREE.  We will party for you tonight.
AHA Member 900001775

Offline skyler

• Brewmaster
  • Hmm. Human music. I like it.
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 08:59:07 am »
Funny that the world's most notorious mass murderer was hiding in a mansion in a suburb all this time and not a rocky cave like everyone thought.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:45 am »

There is a big mess to clean up. We just picked up the empty milk jug...

This is a big step, but this is far from over. I'm worried about the reprisals.

If we really want to show them what freedom and democracy are all about, we'll have to stick it out for another 10 years or so - rebuild schools & hospitals and have an entire generation of boys and girls pass through those schools.  Hopefully, when those kids take for granted that freedom and education into adulthood, we may be able to walk away.

If we leave a power vacuum, some other dog will try to set up shop...

Are you talking about the US, or Pakistan? Because I'd certainly love to see rebuilt schools and hospitals, but I'd like to see that done in the US first.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline homebrewgamecock

• Cellarman
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 09:34:20 am »
It will be interesting to see what happens with al-Qaida.  Glad Bin Laden was killed.  Pitiful he used a woman as a human shield but not surprising one bit.  Great job by the Navy Seals.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 09:51:17 am »
I celebrate along with everyone else, but please, everybody be very careful how far you take your comments.  Please don't make us lock this thread.  Bob, my friend, you came real close.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:54:05 am by denny »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 09:59:02 am »
I just found out! The only time I've been pleased at another being's death. A long time coming. ;D While there is still work to be done I hope we can leave the region completely ASAP. Our primary reason for being there just went straight to hell.

Job well done Navy Seals! I hope all terrorists sh!t themselves at your mention.

Raise a glass tonight for sure. Got a 12.2% Stone Old Guardian "Belgo" that I'll drink while I praise the Seals and curse Bin Laden alternatively.

Fook you Bin Laden.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 10:10:18 am »
Here's a more rules-friendly post: I'm tapping my THA clone tonight. Hows about we name it in honor of the event? Any suggestions?

Osama's To Hell, Asshole! Ale perhaps? Not family-friendly... or maybe something to do with Seal Team Six...
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

ccarlson

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:21 am »
I just found out! The only time I've been pleased at another being's death.

I was pretty happy when Hussein's sons were killed and the day Saddam was swinging from a rope. Bin Laden was certainly a great trophy, but the wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:40 am »
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."  -Mark Twain

beveragebob

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 11:03:34 am »
"Bob, my friend, you came real close.

No worries mate.... I call 'em like I see 'em. being an ex jarhead Desert Storm Veteran and all, being involved and working in the military industrial complex all of my life, I have an unbiased view as how it all works, unlike the typical American Citizen, you get a better understanding. This forum is not the time or place to entertain this thread. I have already suggested that it should be locked. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:09:04 am by beveragebob »