Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fruit... pathetic  (Read 14327 times)

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
Re: Fruit... pathetic
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2010, 01:43:07 pm »
Ha, we were talking about that line the other day. Though we were saying "Measly bags of mostly water"
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 02:05:20 pm »
It's gripe of mine about fruit. Apples, bananas, limes have stayed pretty good while others have declined in quality while maintaining an exceptional appearance and availability.

Like I said, I really don't eat fruit, but a buddy of mine from NZ used to complain bitterly about the apples in America. Said they made him break out in hives.

Anyway... Rectum.

Since we're past the point of rescue now anyway.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2010, 02:18:20 pm »

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »
...I'm pretty sure there is a whole swathe of people in this country- generations even, that don't even know what a good peach tastes like. When I was a kid, and up into the 80's you'd better have a roll of paper towels handy when you bit into a ripe peach. Oh, you can get them year-round almost, but they are insipid and hard...

Methinks back in the day you were getting Georgia peaches; now you are getting California peaches.  Growing up in Florida I have the same memories of the sweeeet juicy Georgia peaches you describe.  There is a lot to be said for growing peaches in that red Georgia clay.

Love them Georgia peaches, makes me feel right at home - J.J. Cale (Call Me the Breeze)

I think Mr. Cale was talking about another variety though ;D
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2010, 06:22:47 pm »
"I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree"

Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Don't think he was singin' bout da fruit either...

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 07:26:29 pm »

BFI just learned how to powerslide his derails.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:26 am »
Fruit is good for you in moderation. It has the worst kind of sugar- fructose.

Fructose is one of the healthiest readily digestible sugars. Its instant energy

Ignoring the consistently demonstrated fact that cap is always right, we have two startlingly diverging assertions here.

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2010, 10:28:07 am »
It never fails...bluefoxiciy's threads are always entertaining and draw a big crowd.  ;)

I try.  Honest questions are boring... and get one-dimensional answers.  Anything that sparks a long conversation is both entertaining and bound to give a lot more information.

It's like the game of Go.  I can relate the game of Go to everything in life; everything I can't... can be related to Algebra.  The fuzzy stuff is a combination of both I guess.  This is why I tend to claim that all civilized men should study the game of Go; Geometry; and Philosophy.

One can relate the game of Go to asking questions as well.  In Go, you start with an empty board; you play one stone per turn, developing out the vague territory bounds through weak influence.  Eventually, stronger cohesion occurs as stones take more defined shape.  Around the bored, specific life and death situations appear.  Asking a specific question is like placing a shape on the board and asking about the proper play to create or destroy life (black to live, white to kill, etc):  this will teach you things and enhance your grasp of the game, but you really need to play Go to get good at Go.

The study of life and death gives you an understanding of life and death problems; the playing of Go proper teaches you to recognize, create, and prevent life.  It is as such when exploring a hole in a topic you understand:  a more open play draws in more information, building an entire structure instead of yielding a small and specific component.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2010, 10:31:41 am »
It never fails...bluefoxiciy's threads are always entertaining and draw a big crowd.  ;)

I try.  Honest questions are boring... and get one-dimensional answers.  Anything that sparks a long conversation is both entertaining and bound to give a lot more information.

It's like the game of Go.  I can relate the game of Go to everything in life; everything I can't... can be related to Algebra.  The fuzzy stuff is a combination of both I guess.  This is why I tend to claim that all civilized men should study the game of Go; Geometry; and Philosophy.

One can relate the game of Go to asking questions as well.  In Go, you start with an empty board; you play one stone per turn, developing out the vague territory bounds through weak influence.  Eventually, stronger cohesion occurs as stones take more defined shape.  Around the bored, specific life and death situations appear.  Asking a specific question is like placing a shape on the board and asking about the proper play to create or destroy life (black to live, white to kill, etc):  this will teach you things and enhance your grasp of the game, but you really need to play Go to get good at Go.

The study of life and death gives you an understanding of life and death problems; the playing of Go proper teaches you to recognize, create, and prevent life.  It is as such when exploring a hole in a topic you understand:  a more open play draws in more information, building an entire structure instead of yielding a small and specific component.

blue...you are quite the philosopher.

Are you studying or does it just come naturally to you.  :-\
Ron Price

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2010, 10:43:01 am »
I try.  Honest questions are boring...

...building an entire structure instead of yielding a small and specific component.

You need more fruit in your diet!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2010, 10:49:35 am »
blue...you are quite the philosopher.

Are you studying or does it just come naturally to you.  :-\

It's both, really.  I know a lot of things but my mind is ... atomic ... often I just say I can speak the language of the universe/existence/gods/whatever.  In some impossible twist, I can think about stuff without language-- which, if you know anything about what language actually does, makes no sense.

The result is I make decisions based on things I'm fully aware of but can't explain or put into words:  I "just know" things, but I can't SAY what I know.  I struggle to explain stuff, or understand things.  This in part makes me an internalized philosopher, like Morihei Ueshiba or Buddha.  I sit around and profess some divinely bestowed "understanding" of things.

This in turn leads me to an unhealthy hunger for information.  This is possible to do beyond the constraints of your health; I've learned to compensate.  At a point I was learning multiple languages at once:  I've retained the codepages and minimal vocabulary, and can order my food in German at the market.  The "Headache" people claim to get is a combination of a sensation of pressure inside the skull (not going out or in, just THERE) and the dire confusion that makes it impossible to relate to reality in any sense except what you've most recently burned your brain out with if you put that much crap in at once.  My frequent relation of reality to Go is more of a philosophical one, and deliberate; but there have been times when I made connections that don't ACTUALLY make sense, they're just craziness.

I've been getting better at this.

To the point, I now target useful knowledge.  My disdain for most common aesthetics here (i.e. room decorations, gaudy frilly crap curtains and bed sheets, "Designer" anything with leopard print etc) also included a distaste for the painfully bland.  This I could not explain until I read a book called Shibumi, which I read because (imagine that) it had a picture of Go on the cover; the concept of Shibumi and Shibui actually matched what I had developed internally as an understanding of beauty.  The book itself contains... a lot of philosophy I was able to assimilate pretty well from the story.  I've also read some stuff about Aikido and its founder, Morihei Ueshiba; a lot of this is telling me things I already knew, but didn't know how to express.  Sometimes I stumble across something that I feel is correct, but hadn't thought of myself before.

So yeah.  I have huge communications issues and I'm crazy.  Go figure.  Anyone worth listening to is probably patently insane, though.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 11:00:45 am »
Wow blue..that's some heavy stuff.  :-\

Ron Price

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:19 am »

Are you the Bluesman from the Epiphone forums btw?

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2010, 12:33:50 pm »

Are you the Bluesman from the Epiphone forums btw?

Me?...Nah, the closest I've come to an Epiphone is a guiter I used to play.  8)
Ron Price

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2010, 03:12:39 pm »
I dont think Im always right. I just hate being told Im wrong when I know I am right.  ;D

I dont know? Maybe fruit and the sugar in fruit is bad for you. Sure makes me feel good though.

Blue, what are you reading Emanuel Kant?

Am I worth listening to?  ::)