Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 2247 times)

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2024, 10:15:42 am »
That Cadillacs, Teslas and BMWs don't come with turn signals.

You would think... ::)

YES!! Also jacked up trucks...
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2024, 12:18:45 pm »
Not sure why my post did not show, so I will give it one more try. 

My pet peeve is more sports related.  It absolutely drives me up a wall when talking to somebody or reading somebody post saying "we" when talking about their favorite sports team.  I usually respond with, let me go take a look at the roster and see if your name is on it.  LOL.  I then say "them" or "they" as to say you are not part of the team, but simply a fan with absolutely no input on anything team related.  LOL.  Most get mad and walk away, but it is one of many of my pet peeves.  LOL
I am seriously annoyed by sportscasters who say everything in the present tense.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 02:05:37 pm »
How about sports fans who think they could make better GMs? They always think they could trade their team's bad players and get other team's good players in return.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 03:48:24 pm »
How about sports fans who think they could make better GMs? They always think they could trade their team's bad players and get other team's good players in return.

That's how a Browns fan has to be!! They pretty much trade QB's like no one else and then fail miserably!! LOL! Die Hard Browns fan because I love a great loser.

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 06:29:09 pm »

That's how a Browns fan has to be!! They pretty much trade QB's like no one else and then fail miserably!! LOL! Die Hard Browns fan because I love a great loser.

Thank you for saying "they"  LOL. 

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2024, 02:53:33 am »
I was about to say "littering" but I actually believe littering is too grave a sin to be considered merely a pet peeve. So I will say engineers who think they know it all. Which pretty much includes all engineers, most of whom don't know very much except about their specific field of engineering.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2024, 01:33:08 pm »
People on social media who post pictures of beer in dirty glasses (clinging bubble/nucleation points)--I cringe every time and have a hard time resisting pointing it out.

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2024, 03:47:25 pm »
Passing lane "cruisers".. Some people just have it in their head that they belong in the left lane. Then you have the few who are driving correctly, and you can't pass in the right lane either!  :-X
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2024, 11:19:09 am »

The only difference between those cars and porcupines is that with porcupines the pricks are on the outside.

That joke is so old.

I drive one of the brands listed above, and I use my turn signals.

Edit.

A very old joke. "If you lined up all the cars in the world, someone in a VW would pull out to pass". This was back when most VWs were the original Beetle, which didn't have much horsepower.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:26:26 am by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 01:01:55 pm »

The only difference between those cars and porcupines is that with porcupines the pricks are on the outside.

That joke is so old.

Edit.

A very old joke. "If you lined up all the cars in the world, someone in a VW would pull out to pass". This was back when most VWs were the original Beetle, which didn't have much horsepower.

You have to remember, old timers, that old jokes are new to young people.  ;) ;D

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2024, 01:45:46 pm »

That joke is so old.

Edit.

You have to remember, old timers, that old jokes are new to young people.  ;) ;D

Once you get to be my age, your memory is so bad that they're new to me, too!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Pet Pee
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2024, 04:02:50 am »
Gas powered leaf blowers. The decibel level of those evil things is off the charts so much that it’s torture to be within a quarter mile of one. And completely unnecessary. Leaves are supposed to be on the ground. And there is a special circle of hell for people who bag the leaves to bring to the landfill or transfer station.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Pet Pee
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2024, 08:38:45 am »
Gas powered leaf blowers. The decibel level of those evil things is off the charts so much that it’s torture to be within a quarter mile of one. And completely unnecessary. Leaves are supposed to be on the ground. And there is a special circle of hell for people who bag the leaves to bring to the landfill or transfer station.

Couldn't agree more
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2024, 10:41:24 am »
Pasadena put into effect a gradual ban of gas powered leaf blowers last year with fines, etc and a special incentive program to help gardening crews to switch over.

I'd say about half the crews are compliant now and the electric ones are definitely an improvement from a QoL perspective. (I'm sure the gardeners prefer the strength of the gas powered blowers) If I were king high god emperor of the area though, I'd set a mandated day of the week for leaf blowing activities. As it is right now it's highly unusual for us to go a full day without at least one house/apartment/condo having a gardening crew working for some time. (thankfully, they're usually quick). The only ones who really gall me are the guys working on Sunday because that day is a required quiet day on the city books, except for property owners themselves.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com / ExperimentalBrew.com
-----
Burbling:
Falconsclaws Helles

Tap:
CDJK Mild
Earl Grey Saison
Clam Chowdah Saison
I Dream of Jenny

Offline fredthecat

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2024, 11:36:53 am »
re: drew mentioning people and businesses ignoring city regulations -

certain dog breeds are banned in Ontario, and whether you agree or not (i won't state my thoughts) they ARE illegal yet these particular types seem to have replaced the formerly ubiquitous golden retriever/golden lab of the 90s and are absolutely everywhere. also that there are constantly dogs off the leash in public parks or even in elementary school yards with playgrounds outside of school hours. these places have signs explicitly stating "no dogs off leash" and if you phone the city they wont do anything about it, if you even get a reply.

people's ability to handle their dogs has changed for the worse imho and its becoming a real nuisance.