Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vevor equipment  (Read 1510 times)

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Vevor equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 04:18:35 pm »
nice, good to know as i might do a full upgrade at some point (or if i win the lottery).

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 05:10:26 pm »
I have their soft serve ice cream machine and pizza oven and so far, both are good quality. Customer service is pretty good too. That said, it is chinese. And the direction interpretations can be a little befuddling at times. But if you are competent you can figure it out pretty quickly

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 09:18:14 am »
Wow... it's like Temu for middle aged men  ;D

The Water Distillers look exactly like the one I have, but the prices are half what I paid. I can vouch for the quality on them, assuming they're just rebadged version of what I have.

I'm in the market for a new regulator, so I might spring for theirs.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 02:32:33 pm »
That's very funny!  I can see the pop-up ads now.  So long cheap shoes and cheap women's shirts over fake boobs- hello shiny stainless stuff!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 04:10:44 pm »

The Water Distillers look exactly like the one I have, but the prices are half what I paid. I can vouch for the quality on them, assuming they're just rebadged version of what I have.

I'm in the market for a new regulator, so I might spring for theirs.

It's amazing how much stuff they make. I have a soft serve ice cream maker and a pizza oven, both commercial quality. They aren't perfect, but they are pretty damn sweet for the price and so far have given me no problems.

I was surprised when I saw homebrew equipment on there. If I was in the  market for equipment I would try it out based on my previous purchases.

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 03:31:28 pm »
While we "celebrate" the lower prices, how many of these items are stolen intellectual property/ideas?

I’d rather pay going price and get good quality vs having some cheap Chinese junk that I’ll need to purchase again. What am I saving if I need to purchase the same item more than once?

As consumers we MUST get out of the mindset of saving pennies and then spending dollars.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 03:34:16 pm »
While we "celebrate" the lower prices, how many of these items are stolen intellectual property/ideas?

I’d rather pay going price and get good quality vs having some cheap Chinese junk that I’ll need to purchase again. What am I saving if I need to purchase the same item more than once?

As consumers we MUST get out of the mindset of saving pennies and then spending dollars.

Hear hear!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 06:18:56 am »

I mean, it's a pump-----a fermenter-----a mash basket. Not necessarily an iPhone X. ;) The stuff I have bought is basic equipment, nothing too fancy. Anyone who owns any form of technology--your phone or computer, for instance, is using technology "stolen" from other "innovators". I certainly hope you don't own an Android (iPhone ripoff).

I love my soft serve ice cream maker and I assure you there is zero guilt when I'm enjoying my salted carmel/praline swirl. ;)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 11:47:42 am »
I would have no guilt from the ice cream maker, per se, either, except for the guilty pleasure of the salted caramel and praline swirl!  Definitely not within my dietary restrictions from the doctor!  Enjoy the homemade goodies, Keith!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2024, 02:25:34 pm »
The meat slicer is always tempting. Always wanted once since I watch the Seinfeld episode where Kramer had a meat slicer ;-)

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024, 02:33:30 pm »
[quote author=majorvices link=topic=40111.msg490984#msg490984 date=1704374336

I mean, it's a pump-----a fermenter-----a mash basket. Not necessarily an iPhone X. ;) The stuff I have bought is basic equipment, nothing too fancy. Anyone who owns any form of technology--your phone or computer, for instance, is using technology "stolen" from other "innovators". I certainly hope you don't own an Android (iPhone ripoff).

I love my soft serve ice cream maker and I assure you there is zero guilt when I'm enjoying my salted carmel/praline swirl. ;)
[/quote]

Cheap metals? Not really stainless, etc, etc, etc. What if the supposedly food grade pump contained lead? What if the pump fails due to the liquid temp going thru it?

I also enjoy model trains. Horrified to discover one of my MTH K4 Torpedo trains is falling apart. I search online and find this isn't limited to only this train as this problem also applied to Lionel, Williams, etc. There are also known issues with paint failing, wheels falling apart, parts crumbling, etc. One of the problems is known as "zinc rot".

What does the above paragraph have to do with brewing? We may encounter the same or similar problem with our brewing equipment.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 08:17:38 am »
You are right. I will remove the post and throw the items I bought from them in the dumpster where they belong. lol

That said, You are kidding yourself if you don't think most of the Stainless Steel you use on a daily basis doesn't come from China--even the products you like and use that aren't model trains (perhaps the mixer bowl you beat your eggs in every  morning). Regardless, I realized when I posted this that some people would be sensitive to it. It is just a post to give homebrewers other options. You don't have to like it or use it or buy anything from this company. I have had good luck ordering items from this company. They are quality products. That's the only message I am offering here.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 08:21:39 am by majorvices »

Offline MDL

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2024, 08:36:52 am »
I have a 300 foot pipe inspection camera of theirs that I’ve used to inspect water wells. It was under $700 and is a pretty useful tool at a fraction of the cost of other options on the market.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 09:05:05 am »
You are right. I will remove the post and throw the items I bought from them in the dumpster where they belong. lol

That said, You are kidding yourself if you don't think most of the Stainless Steel you use on a daily basis doesn't come from China--even the products you like and use that aren't model trains (perhaps the mixer bowl you beat your eggs in every  morning). Regardless, I realized when I posted this that some people would be sensitive to it. It is just a post to give homebrewers other options. You don't have to like it or use it or buy anything from this company. I have had good luck ordering items from this company. They are quality products. That's the only message I am offering here.
No doubt many of the "American" brands we buy every day are also made inexpensively overseas. Why not cut out the middle man and save youself some cash? Frankly, I've bought many, many inexpensive overseas-made items from discount sites over the years. The quality control and customer service is surprisingly good on most of these items. For the ones that aren't, I'm generally paying pennies on the dollar and I choose what I'm willing to risk.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer