52 to 62
14 (29.8%)
63 to 73
16 (34%)
74 +
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: July 05, 2023, 08:17:10 am

Author Topic: Mother's Little Helper  (Read 3352 times)

Fire Rooster

Mother's Little Helper
« on: June 05, 2023, 08:17:11 am »
Poll runs for 30 days, You have to vote to see results.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:15:29 am by Fire Rooster »

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Mother's Little Helper
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 11:12:33 am »
What a drag it is getting old.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 11:59:16 am »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline neuse

• Brewer
  • New Bern, NC
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 12:00:39 pm »
At age 73, I'm happy to see I'm not the oldest. I've simplified my brewing to accommodate some limitations. May we all keep brewing for many more years.

Fire Rooster

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 12:07:02 pm »
What a drag it is getting old.

I knew some of the older gang would get it  ;D
Younger ones probably no clue.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 02:08:15 pm »
"Kids are different these days...She goes running to the shelter of her mother's little helper."

The Glimmer Twins -'66
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Fire Rooster

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 03:46:00 pm »
"Kids are different these days...She goes running to the shelter of her mother's little helper."

The Glimmer Twins -'66

I was a big concert goer for many years.  My first concert was 1972 when Ted Nuggent was opening for Aerosmith touring their first album.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 03:47:38 pm by Fire Rooster »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 09:11:42 am »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

I was a big concert goer for many years.  My first concert was 1972 when Ted Nuggent was opening for Aerosmith touring their first album.

My band opened for Nugent in around 68ish.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Fire Rooster

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 01:07:39 pm »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

What instrument did you play ? Band name ?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 01:24:01 pm »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

What instrument did you play ? Band name ?

Bass at that point.  I'm sure you never heard of the band. I think we called ourselves The Reason Why at that point..went through a lot of names.  It was at KRNT Theater in Des Moines IA.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 06:13:14 pm »

Bass at that point.  I'm sure you never heard of the band. I think we called ourselves The Reason Why at that point..went through a lot of names.  It was at KRNT Theater in Des Moines IA.

I only play Spotify & Bandcamp, but I really want to pick up one of those Kala U-Basses. They look like fun.
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society, the League of Drews, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Fire Rooster

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 03:57:10 am »

I only play Spotify & Bandcamp, but I really want to pick up one of those Kala U-Basses. They look like fun.

You can pick up a couple of spoons from your kitchen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLmM9kcBKs

« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:25:43 am by Fire Rooster »

Fire Rooster

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 05:45:21 am »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

I was a big concert goer for many years.  My first concert was 1972 when Ted Nugent was opening for Aerosmith touring their first album.

Oh I forgot. About 25 years ago I took my daughter to see her first concert
Ted Nugent was opening for Kiss.  We had a floor seat close to the front.
My ears were ringing for weeks afterwards, at that moment I said to myself
I'm too old for this very loud music.  She wasn't phased by it at all, and shocked
by her reaction.  I thought she was going to jump up on stage  :o

Cheers

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2023, 06:37:52 pm »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

I was a big concert goer for many years.  My first concert was 1972 when Ted Nugent was opening for Aerosmith touring their first album.

I'm too old for this very loud music.  She wasn't phased by it at all, and shocked

Cheers
I think I saw that same tour.  Kiss, Skid Row and Ted "Uncle Ted" Nugent.  Great show. 

Fire Rooster

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2023, 02:29:27 am »

The Glimmer Twins -'66

Cheers
I think I saw that same tour.  Kiss, Skid Row and Ted "Uncle Ted" Nugent.  Great show.

I've seen Kiss probably three times, always a good show.  When you have gifted writers, musicians, and singers, no costumes, ,elaborate stage & sound effects, or lasers are needed.  Although we have our own preferred music styles, and tastes, I would place the Beatles, Eagles, and Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band to start that list.

Winter of 76-77 I saw Blue Oyster Cult and Bob Seger opened for them, and stole the show. It sounded better than the album, raw sound and talent.  I had a third row seat, back when general admission was common.  I've enjoyed listening to several Artists albums, but when I saw them in person it was a big let down due to the extreme studio editing to make them desirable.  Some songs were almost unrecognizable in person, if not for the lyrics and beat.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 07:42:00 am by Fire Rooster »