Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Homebrew Con  (Read 4964 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Homebrew Con
« on: January 08, 2023, 10:31:57 am »
Having never been to one, I am curious how it works.  Do you buy one "ticket" and it gets you into the different events during the day?  Is there different levels of tickets that you can buy to go to what you want and skip what is maybe a bit over my head?  My wife is going to get us a room I think at the Sponsor hotel, but just curious how the rest of it works. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Homebrew Con
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 11:06:17 am »
Info here....you can either get full conference or just social package

https://www.homebrewcon.org/register/2023-registration/
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 07:37:52 am »
Any idea of pricing?  I am guessing I will need to buy 2 tickets, maybe 3 if my brother goes.  Also, my brother is not an AHA member, but he will be with me, can he still get in? 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 07:40:49 am by redrocker652002 »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 09:08:33 am »
Any idea of pricing?  I am guessing I will need to buy 2 tickets, maybe 3 if my brother goes.  Also, my brother is not an AHA member, but he will be with me, can he still get in?

You have to be an AHA member to attend. All pricing info is at homebrewcon.org

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 10:54:32 am »
I wonder why they don’t list the price to register.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Homebrew Con
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 12:31:39 pm »
Not sure why no cost is listed for the 2023 conference. For an idea of costs, last year the Full Conference was $369 and Social Package (does not include access to educational sessions) was $299.

This year the hotel is $229 per night single/double, plus San Diego Tourism Assessment, which is currently 2.0% per room, per night, and applicable taxes which are currently 10.5%. Parking is $20 per night
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:33:25 pm by BrewBama »

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 05:16:11 pm »
Whew! Good thing my daughter lives within walking distance of there and has a spare room.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 06:30:46 am »

Guess I am out then.  I am not going to pay 300 bucks each for my wife and I and have to get her a membership on top of that.  Bummer, it looked like fun, but pricing takes the fun out of it.  LOL.  Have fun all you rich folks. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 08:08:54 am »

Guess I am out then.  I am not going to pay 300 bucks each for my wife and I and have to get her a membership on top of that.  Bummer, it looked like fun, but pricing takes the fun out of it.  LOL.  Have fun all you rich folks.

As a member, I believe you can bring one guest.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 03:23:44 pm »
Hi there @redrocker652002 and everyone,

Pricing will be published when we open up registration on March 7. There will be several attendance options, including a full conference package plus a social conference option. The best prices are the early bird when registration opens so that is good to keep in mind for savings. Also, hotel rooms are open now until sold so consider booking early at the conference block rate.

Denny shared the correct website: https://www.homebrewcon.org/

I hope you consider attending. This year will be a fermentation vacation like no other with new events and gatherings added to the mix.

Cheers,
Julia
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 08:58:44 am »
Booked my room yesterday

www.dennybrew.com

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 09:31:50 pm »
I will keep an eye out on pricing and what is included.  If it is 300 bucks or so for both my wife and I, then I am in.  If it is each, gonna take a pass.  Either way, I think it would be a great time for sure. 

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2023, 11:34:56 am »
Hello all and RedRocker652002. Early Bird Registration for Homebrew Con opens 10 am Mountain March 7.

Here is my forum post overviewing the 2023 event: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=39520.0

Here is the website to register: .

Cheers,
Julia
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2023, 12:46:11 pm »
Hello all and RedRocker652002. Early Bird Registration for Homebrew Con opens 10 am Mountain March 7.

Here is my forum post overviewing the 2023 event: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=39520.0

Here is the website to register: .

Cheers,
Julia

Unfortunately, as I stated in a previous thread, your pricing has taken me out of it.  300 dollar registration for my wife and I (600 bucks), Hotel room at 250 a night (500 bucks with all the fees, if not more), gas from SF to SD, and then the add on's (at least another 100 bucks for each of us) brings the total to well over 1k for a weekend.  Sorry, but in my opinion you have priced me and maybe others who are just starting out of this event.  Maybe I am only the minority, or maybe I am the only one to express it, but either way, it is way to much for me to justify looking around at vendors and maybe getting some info in the beginning brewer class.  I wish you all luck, and glad you are all able to afford it, but for this kid, you are way to expensive.

Here is the post I was referring to.  And just to throw it out there, has anybody looked into a fairgrounds for the event?  The Good Guys puts on a great car show at the Alameda County Fair and is a huge success.  They have multiple buildings where you can do the vendor area, classes and meet and greets.  Probably cheaper than a convention center.  OK, now I am out.  Once again, have fun all you rich folks.  LOL.  Just kidding.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=39413.0
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 01:01:16 pm by redrocker652002 »

Offline lshigle@gmail.com

• 1st Kit
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 07:26:19 pm »
I'm looking for rooming buddy - I'm serious homebrewer trying to save some moola. ;)  Weigh in if you want to chat some please.