Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best skateboard trucks: How to keep them in good condition?  (Read 2293 times)

Offline garrisontrantow

• 1st Kit
Best skateboard trucks: How to keep them in good condition?
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:47:31 am »
Tightening the skateboard trucks or loosening the skateboard trucks is the typical wonder among skateboarders. Each skater will have their own opinion towards the question. Besides, the way to keep skateboard trucks in good condition is also regarded as a common question of skateboarders. So let’s take another look at this wonder in this post. In addition, you will explore some tips on maintaining skateboarding trucks as well as some prominent ones.

The way skateboard trucks work

Before jumping right away into the answer for the question: tightening the skateboard trucks or loosening the skateboard trucks and how to keep skateboard trucks in good condition, we need to know about the way skateboard trucks work. Generally speaking, skateboard trucks play a significant role in a skateboard even though their appearance is minor.

See also: Buying Guide For The Best Skateboard Trucks

A standard skateboard will have two trucks made of metal axles on each side. This component is placed by attaching at the back of the skateboard deck. Regarding the role of skateboard trucks, the primary role is keeping skaters maintain their balance by supporting the weight of skaters. Keeping in mind that the more appropriate the position of skateboard trucks, the easier for skaters to keep balance on the board when riding.

Tightening skateboard trucks or loosening skateboard trucks

Both tightening skateboard trucks and loosening skateboard trucks have their own pros and cons. To me, a perfect skateboard truck is just the wildest dream. Please mind that there are only the skateboard trucks which fit you the most.

Therefore, it is not necessary for you to follow any recommendation on the Internet, or from someone, which requests you to set up your skateboard truck in a certain style. It is completely based on your own experience when skating on the trucks with this setup. My only advice for you is exploring your own tastes. For more relevant info about skateboards, tune in SkateAdvisors.

Let’s check whether tight skateboard trucks are appropriate for you in this part. Tight trucks are the greatest if you're serious about practicing and doing kickflips. The advantages of tightening skateboard trucks is that the possibility of being felt from the board when skating is lessened. Besides, tight skateboard trucks assure that your skateboard is unable to be veered.

With regard to loose skateboard trucks, one prominent advantage of loosening skateboard trucks is your riding as well as your landing when skating is guaranteed to be smooth

Maintaining the skateboard trucks

Let’s have a look at how the skateboard accessories are maintained. The first step is removing the bolts, kingpin nuts, skateboard wheels, and other hardwares. The second step is cleaning. In this step, skaters need to make sure that all the sand and dust are removed. The third step is to check whether any crack or damage on the skateboard bushing.

Here are some signs which skaters should consider in order to do the maintenance process for the skateboard trucks. The first sign is that when skating, you hear unexpected sounds from the skateboard. The second sign is that when spinning the wheels, you find it hard to do that. The third sign is that when pushing the skateboard, you see that the board runs slowly. The last sign is that when spinning the trucks, you have a feeling that there is dust and sand stucking in this part.

If your skateboard trucks show any signs which are mentioned above, it is time for you to do the maintenance process, or even replace the new skateboard trucks if needed.

Outstanding skateboard trucks

If you are looking for prominent skateboard trucks, this part is for you. There are various skateboard trucks from different brands for you to opt for.

Mini Logo skateboard trucks

The advantage of Mini Logo skateboard trucks is that it is light and durable. When turning on the Mini Logo skateboard trucks, you will gain the feeling of significant smoothness. One noticing point relating to the skateboard trucks is its high-rebound bushingsMoreover, the brand offers their customers a policy of lifetime warranty.

Besides, Mini Logo skateboard trucks are the best for small-sized skateboard decks. The materials which are used to make skateboard trucks are light premium alloys. When spinning and grinding the trucks, skaters will find it easy to do that.

Tensor skateboard trucks

When buying the Tensor skateboard trucks, you will benefit from its long lifespan, lightweight, and easy-to-assemble. The lightweight Tensor skateboard trucks will surprise you. You can definitely feel it when you hold standard skateboard trucks versus when you hold the Tensor skateboard trucks.
Slant skateboard trucks

If you are a beginner, Slant can totally be your first skateboard truck. The pros of Slant skateboard trucks is that it has various dynamic colors, the long lifespan, money-saving for a quality skateboard truck.

Looking for more skateboarding-related posts, tune in SkateAdvisors.

- SkateAdvisors on Steemit: https://steemit.com/@skateadvisors/

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:34:12 am by garrisontrantow »

Offline milanarambasic

• 1st Kit
Re: Recipe Books
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 07:50:43 am »
Brewers friend web site...

Poslano sa mog SM-A405FN koristeći Tapatalk

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 07:58:33 am »
Join the AHA and get the Zymurgy magazine with many recipes. Also, you get access to the recipes on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline Oiscout

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 08:12:45 am »
Brewing classic styles is an indispensable read if you don't mind a paper back! Also the AHA brew guru app that comes with membership is awesome aswell

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline BaseWerks Brewing

• Cellarman
  • Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 08:40:19 am »
I second both Brewing Classic style and the AHA website!  There are both good options.
Andy K
Follow me on Instagram -- @BaseWerksBrewing

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 08:46:45 am »
Brewing Classic Styles is good as is Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher. Also, just post on the forum here there are lots of great award winning recipe designers on this site. Don't be afraid to post a recipe for feedback.

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 09:24:08 am »
I really like Michael Dawson's "Mashmaker" book if you're an all-grain brewer.  Great recipes, with entertaining yet useful narratives to accompany them.  He also had a good blog that had his recipes on it called the "Beer Engine" that he no longer posts to, but still exists.

Offline Oiscout

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 11:26:05 am »
There is also a homebrewers  book club if you are interested

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 02:59:42 pm »
Recipes are a dime a dozen. Sign up for just about any homebrew forum and they will have a recipe database section. I Googled "homebrew recipes" and came up with several sources...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=homebrew+recipes
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 03:12:42 pm »
If you want a really good recipe.... find one online that looks interesting, and then... post it here on the AHA forum and ask us for input!  We can help 'fix' the recipe so that it will come out true to style and the intent.  Recipes are indeed a dime a dozen, but folks with a bit of experience know how to tweak a recipe to get it to turn out better.

If you don't want to go through that trouble... Brewing Classic Styles and Radical Brewing are both great books, so I second that motion.

Cheers and welcome!
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 04:40:23 pm »
Brewing Classic Styles is a great starter recipe book. Let's Brew! by Ron Pattinson is another great resource for historic recipes of the past 150 years or so as well. They are the only ones I find myself referring to still from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 04:46:59 pm »
Careful that you choose recipes that the author has actually brewed. As said above, there are a bunch of recipes out there. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 09:07:06 am »
Careful that you choose recipes that the author has actually brewed. As said above, there are a bunch of recipes out there.

And it's pretty hard to know that for many recipes.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:51 am »
If you want a really good recipe.... find one online that looks interesting, and then... post it here on the AHA forum and ask us for input!  We can help 'fix' the recipe so that it will come out true to style and the intent.  Recipes are indeed a dime a dozen, but folks with a bit of experience know how to tweak a recipe to get it to turn out better.

If you don't want to go through that trouble... Brewing Classic Styles and Radical Brewing are both great books, so I second that motion.

Cheers and welcome!

Great point, Dave!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 08:02:11 pm »
Another vote for brewing classic styles.  Allows you to see the differences between the different styles and how different grains drive the different flavors in different styles (at least that’s how I learned).  Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought I heard Jamil on Brew Strong say he and Palmer were going to write a second edition.  Any truth to that?  Based on the wear and tear on my original edition, I would place an advanced order.