Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegerator Showcase  (Read 35060 times)

Offline Norm!

• Cellarman
Re: Kegerator Showcase
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:09 pm »
Here is my setup, went with new energy efficient models and also went vertical for the obvious reasons,
The freezer to the right is a twin used as a fermentation chamber!

Beer in various stages!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 01:44:02 pm »
Very nice Norm!

I like how you have diamond plate backing the drip tray assembly.
Ron Price

Offline Norm!

• Cellarman
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 01:47:30 pm »
Thanks its a nice way to attach the drip tray, making it removeable with out drilling more holes! somewhere in that door are the wires for the display at the top left!
Beer in various stages!

Offline Me

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 02:19:27 pm »
Here is my setup, went with new energy efficient models and also went vertical for the obvious reasons,

So what are the obvious reasons for going vertical? I'm oblivious to the obvious...
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-
BF

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 02:51:39 pm »
BF
Who is BF?  Because Benjamin Franklin never said that :)

I don't know the "obvious" reasons for going vertical either, I switched from vertical to chest freezer.  Ease of getting kegs into it?  That's the only thing I can think of.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Norm!

• Cellarman
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »
Yup, ease of getting kegs in and out, less floor space, shelves for bottled beers and yeast! 
Beer in various stages!

Offline Me

• Cellarman
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »
BF
Who is BF?  Because Benjamin Franklin never said that :)

My socks tell me a different story. Who was the first person to say that? I feel like this happens a lot- someone says something clever and then someone who is famous for being clever takes credit for it.
BF

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 04:56:20 pm »
My socks tell me a different story.
Your socks are liars.   ;D

The first person to say it was probably some marketing guy who said, "Hey, why don't we take something Benjamin Franklin said about wine, make it about beer, and print it on t-shirts [or socks :)].  I'll bet we could make a bunch of money that way!"

It comes from a letter he wrote to AndrĂ© Morellet in 1779.  In the letter, he said:
We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.  The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 08:35:08 am »
Here is mine.

At some point I plan to put on a faux-granite top (my wife's idea) and route out the area where the drip tray is so it will sit flush.  I also plan to sheath it in oak.  One question for you guys that have covered yours in wood - did you glue the wood right to the outer walls of the freezer or did you use strip wood spacers?  I've been told conflicting warnings about overheating the unit.  Some say it needs air circulating b/w the walls and the wood, so leave some space. Others have told me just the opposite - that having air circulating b/w the walls and the wood would lead to overheating and I should glue the wood directly to the outer walls.  Which is correct?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:36:49 am by Rhoobarb »
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline dcbc

• Brewer
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:22 am »
After 7 years of having a freestanding kegerator in the laundry room, I was able to convince my wife to go with a more permanent solution.  When there's food on it, it's a dining room buffet.  Otherwise, it's the bar.  The old freestanding summit is now on lagering duty.

I've consumed all of my home brew and still can't relax!  Now what!

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 10:50:48 am »
Very nice.

That's classy.  Looks great!

Offline Norm!

• Cellarman
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 10:59:52 am »
That is very nice!  With something like that, I might get away with an Indoor setup!
Beer in various stages!

Offline Me

• Cellarman
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 11:09:02 am »
My socks tell me a different story.
Your socks are liars.   ;D

The first person to say it was probably some marketing guy who said, "Hey, why don't we take something Benjamin Franklin said about wine, make it about beer, and print it on t-shirts [or socks :)].  I'll bet we could make a bunch of money that way!"

It comes from a letter he wrote to AndrĂ© Morellet in 1779.  In the letter, he said:
We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.  The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it.

I'm gonna be ignorant and just believe that at some point Ol' Ben said something about beer being amazing. And that marketing guy was right because I definitely bought those socks because the quote was so cool (and they're nice bike socks).
BF

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:13 pm »
I'm gonna be ignorant and just believe that at some point Ol' Ben said something about beer being amazing. And that marketing guy was right because I definitely bought those socks because the quote was so cool (and they're nice bike socks).
I fully support you wallowing in your ignorance, as long as you know that's what you're doing.  ;) ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline eric

• Cellarman
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »
what size chest freezer do you need for 4 to 5 cornie kegs plus a 5 gal carboy?