Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 154409 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Babalu
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2010, 10:32:17 am »
Very encouraging news Frank.

Thanks for the update!
Ron Price

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2010, 02:38:16 pm »
Ahhh,  That's a good update!!  Keep 'em coming!  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2010, 07:19:56 pm »
I was looking forward to hearing good news!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2010, 01:50:48 pm »
Great news. I should be out working in my brewery today. I will keep Jeff in mind to motivate me and create
some good juju. Keep up the fight Jeff.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:48 am »
Simply awesome! ;D
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #350 on: December 23, 2010, 10:09:32 am »
Wishing Jeff and his family Merry Christmas with hopes for an incredible New Year.  Hope to see ya in San Diego, Jeff!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #351 on: December 23, 2010, 10:13:51 am »
Wishing Jeff and his family Merry Christmas with hopes for an incredible New Year.  Hope to see ya in San Diego, Jeff!
My thoughts exactly,  Denny where did you learn how to spell?  It goes

Wishing Jeff and his family Merry Christmas with hopes for an incredible Brew Year.  Hope to see ya in San Diego, Jeff!
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:55 am »
Silly me!!!   :D
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »
A new update from our friend Brian:
--------------------------------------
Went over to see Jeff today.  They had Jeff down in the physical therapy room, between these parallel bars having him try to stand up. I had just missed it but they apparently got him to stand about 2/3rds of the way up by himself.... and he did that two or three times. I guess it was the first time they have tried to do this with him so it was yet another small step forward.

Jeff continues to have what I was calling "moments of clarity" where he will talk and make perfect sense and remember things reasonably well. Other times he talks a bit of gibberish and doesn't make a lot of sense. Jeff's father was there and he mentioned that the doctors said this is "normal" for what Jeff is going through. The doctors were saying that what is going on is that Jeff's brain is super active, trying to sort things out and every once in a while it is almost like he gets radio static in his brain and it comes out as gibberish.

As long as his "moments of clarity" continue to come more often and for longer periods of time (which they are) this is normal and good progress..

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »
I like that report Frank!!  Sounds like Jeff is making good but challenging progress, and in the right direction. Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2010, 10:01:18 pm »
Haven't checked in for a while, but I'm glad I did. Great news! Keep it up, Jeff.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2011, 04:54:16 pm »
On Christmas Jeff came down with an infection and was returned to the hospital.  He was there for a few days and returned to rehab.  Well, he's back at the hospital again.  He has been fighting another infection and today his liver and white blood cell counts were up so they transferred him back.  He's got gall stones that are causing some issues with his gall bladder and they're trying to decide whether they're going to remove it or just remove/treat the stones.  

He had just about gotten back to where he was before he got the first infection, but the new one is really sapping his energy.

I think we need a new round of prayers and positive thoughts here, so please keep Jeff and his family on your mind.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:56:13 pm by frankw »

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »
Thanks for the update Frank. Positive thoughts & prayers heading Jeff's way.  Cheers!!!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »
On the way! Let's not get complacent.

Ok it's been done. Another in the mo...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #359 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
Keep up the fight, bro!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member