Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Babalu  (Read 154405 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Babalu
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »
This is another step in a positive direction. Thanks Frank!
Ron Price

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »
First time browsing the AHA board again after taking some time off and I was shocked to see that Jeff came down with EEE. But I'm also glad to hear that he is on the path to recovery.

My family and I are outdoors a lot and EEE is something we were never really worried about.

Here is to Jeff and him getting well soon.

Kai

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:18 am »
I think we should make "BREWSTRONG" bracelets and sell them as a fundraiser. Someone get Lance on the phone.

Keep fighting, Jeff. We'll be here waiting for you.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:17 am »
I think we should make "BREWSTRONG" bracelets and sell them as a fundraiser. Someone get Lance on the phone.

Keep fighting, Jeff. We'll be here waiting for you.

+1000000

This is a fantastic idea!

How can we get this to happen....anybody?
Ron Price

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2010, 10:31:24 am »
Here's a start:

http://www.ybuw.com/Wristbands/Index.asp

$84 for 100 bracelets/wristbands (cheaper/wristband for larger orders $165 for 500) for 'debossed' text.

I have no affiliation - just following what Google told me.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2010, 11:45:18 am »
Update 11/26/2010

We made it up to see Jeff yesterday. He wasn't very responsive most of the time we were there. He did come around for 15 minutes or so. We had the Pat's game on and he watched TV most of the time, although he did look at me when I was talking to him. He was doing this mostly with one eye open. And it stiil seemed he was struggling to keep his eyes open.

He's been making good progress with his therapy and he should be moving to to the new rehab center maybe Monday or Tuesday, if a bed is availalbe. They had his trach tube capped for several hours yesterday and he tolerated it well. His wife said he was talking a bit earlier in the day. They will keep increasing the amount of time his trach is capped and eventually they will remove tracheotomy tube all together.

Still slow and steady progress. Hopefully when he gets to the new rehab center the progress will begin to speed up with the additional physical, occupational and speach therapy.

Please keep up the positive thoughts and prayers for Jeff and his family, especially during this holiday season.

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2010, 11:49:03 am »
Keep up the fight, Jeff. We're still pullin' for ya!
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

boulderbrewer

« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2010, 10:49:01 pm »
Jeff and your family keep going we want you back.

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2010, 12:37:06 pm »
Thanks again for the update Frank!!! Wishing the best for Jeff, his family & friends!!!  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #309 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41:13 pm »
Thanks Frank.
Ron Price

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #310 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »
Jeff is now at the rehab facility in Boston.  The insurance company has been giving them a hard time and he's there on a two week trial.  I won't get into this, it makes my blood boil.

He really needs to step up to the plate and make some serious progress. 

He could an extra dose of prayers and positive thoughts.

Frank

------------------------------------------

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2010, 06:15:28 pm »
C'mon Jeff, we're all pulling for you!  Its not the same around here without you.
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:41 pm »
Continued thoughts and prayers to Jeff and his family. A big FU to the insurance co... >:(
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #313 on: December 02, 2010, 07:43:14 am »
Jeff,  You have a lot of important things to accomplish in your life, and those who love you need you there to share their life with you. It's time to reach down deep and get out of this hole!  Cheers & Prayers!!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline frankw

• Cellarman
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2010, 06:53:43 am »
This is an email from our friend and fellow Brew Club member,  Brian.  He has vowed to go visit Jeff almost daily, since he works so close by.   I will pass his emails on.
--------------------------------------------------

I was over to see Jeff today and got lucky as I was able to sit in for two of Jeff's one hour therapy sessions. The first hour was speech therapy and he was being a bit of a lazy bum. He really didn't want to stay awake too long BUT... the therapist was able to get him to whisper a few words: yes, no, Ben (his son's name)... and he was making sense with his answers. While he was being a lazy bum, the good thing was it was more than yesterday. He's only been there for two days so in their, that's progress... and that's what he needs to show them. So, in the end, it was a positive session.

The second hour was physical therapy and that was great. They use a hoist and a harness to get him out of bed and into a wheel chair. When they do that, it wakes him right up. I got to see him open his eyes completely and focus. He absolutely knew I was there and knew who I was. Per usual, I was busting his chops and got a couple good smiles out of him.

Sorry to be all sappy here... and I can't totally explain why, but I left today knowing HE is in there. It's HIM. He's just gotta get his damn body going!

So... the good news on physical therapy.... they had him sitting on a therapy table so his feet were on the ground and they had him sitting on the edge by himself. They would steady him and ask him to lean one way or the other and he was doing about 98% of it with very little help. Then he had to simply keep himself steady and upright for a 10-count... which he was able to do. Grip his left hand... he did great. Raise his left arm... raised it but not all of the way (but still better than yesterday). He's still struggling with movement in his right arm although he's getting decent movement in his right hand. The therapist then put a wet face cloth in his left hand and asked him to wipe his forehead. ALLLLMOST got it... wipe his nose... got it... wipe his chin.. needed a hair of help because I think his arm was getting tired. Then a really cool part was she had me sit on one side of him and harass him until he looked at me. He had his eyes wide open, turned his head almost all the way to the side and looked me right in the eyes.

The therapist was really happy with ALL of this though because she said all of it was more than he could do yesterday. Again, the really important thing is that he continue to make progress while at the new rehab and both of his therapists today felt like he had.

The therapist was saying for right now he seems, even though it has only been two days, that he is making good progress but they need to just get him stretched out. She said his neck was really stiff (not surprising being in bed 22 hours a day)... so she would push his head to stretch the muscles all the while asking him if it hurt and he would instantly shake his head no. "Are you ok", quick head shake yes. "can I keep going", quick head shake yes.

Anyway, sorry for the long email. Yeah, yeah... I write long emails. You'll live. Like Frank keeps saying, keep up the positive thoughts and prayers. I was really excited leaving there today and I think everyone's thoughts are working.

-----------------------------------------