Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Forum Maintenance  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Forum Maintenance
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 06:35:03 pm »
Maybe I'm just being picky today but is the forum title banner and the big flashing ads that together take up 3/4 of the screen new?  If yes, not something I would consider an improvement.  If no, then I should I should probably go back to sleep.

Paul
They are rearranged, used to be two banner ads next to each other instead of on top of each other.  Does look like it takes more room now.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 05:26:34 am »
Overall, I like the new look and feel.  The login was a bit different and it took me a minute to fine the New Posts along with the link to follow the posts I’v contributed to, but overall it looks great!  Very nice work!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline leejoreilly

• Assistant Brewer
  • Washington, MI
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 06:25:42 am »
I'm finding the gray font color in quoted posts is so pale it's just about illegible, about as bad as that low contrast problem in Zymurgy a while back.

+1

Offline Robert

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 11:00:23 am »
Thanks again for the feedback!

I have logged requests for the following:
  • darken quoted text color
  • bring back the "Users Online" footer
  • bring back the "unread" link to see what you threads you haven't seen yet
Progress?
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 04:51:09 am »
Where did the "mark all forums read" button go?

Really like the darkened "quote" text.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 05:47:42 am »
Love the new look and feel now!  Great work.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 06:55:07 am »
Thanks for darkening up the quoted text box, Duncan.  Makes it way easier to read!
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 07:53:49 am »
Thanks for darkening up the quoted text box, Duncan.  Makes it way easier to read!
Yes, and thanks for putting the unread posts button back.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 10:12:56 am »
I've seen recent posts with pictures so I know some are able to upload images, but I cannot post pictures currently. Is it possible there is an image upload problem that is specific only to certain users? I'm one (of likely several) who have indicated I could not update my avatar, but also I cannot upload images. I've posted to Pimp my System twice now and promptly removed the post due to the images not showing up.
AHA Member

On Tap: APA - 1st brew on the new system!
On Deck: Kolsch, IPA

Offline Robert

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:09 am »
I've seen recent posts with pictures so I know some are able to upload images, but I cannot post pictures currently. Is it possible there is an image upload problem that is specific only to certain users? I'm one (of likely several) who have indicated I could not update my avatar, but also I cannot upload images. I've posted to Pimp my System twice now and promptly removed the post due to the images not showing up.
We can't upload images directly to this forum.   They either have to be hosted by a third party like photobucket, etc. and you can link them, or, much simpler, post to the forum using Tapatalk and it will do it for you.   Just select the mountain, select a photo, and hit send.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 10:59:17 am »
I was using the "Insert Image" button and providing hyperlinks to Photobucket for my image files as I'd done in the past - it had always worked for me until recently. To be sure I'm not completely nuts, I'll try it now to confirm. Here is a picture of a wall in my basement before the recent brewery build:

Did it work?

EDIT - when I click on this post to edit it, I can see the URL between the [img] thingies, but I cannot see the picture that is represented at Photobucket for this link.
AHA Member

On Tap: APA - 1st brew on the new system!
On Deck: Kolsch, IPA

Offline Robert

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 12:14:35 pm »
I was using the "Insert Image" button and providing hyperlinks to Photobucket for my image files as I'd done in the past - it had always worked for me until recently. To be sure I'm not completely nuts, I'll try it now to confirm. Here is a picture of a wall in my basement before the recent brewery build:

Did it work?

EDIT - when I click on this post to edit it, I can see the URL between the [img] thingies, but I cannot see the picture that is represented at Photobucket for this link.
Nope, I can't see your picture.   I can see the link in the text when I quote it, but no picture.  Seriously, this frustration is exactly why I installed the Tapatalk app on my phone.  I usually use the web to browse the forum, but posting from Tapatalk is the only way I've ever managed to include an image.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 09:03:44 pm »
Bring back the mark all posts read option on the main forum page.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Robert

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 09:34:32 pm »
It is available under your login dropdown, under unread topics or updated posts.  I guess looking around for things and readjusting is the price of a cleaner layout.  Slightly more annoying to me is not being able to see, immediately on the left margin, which subforums have new posts, in the mobile view (it's still there on the desktop.)  But it is much more manageable on mobile devices,  so fair enough.  Just check for unread topics in the login dropdown.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 09:41:59 am »
It is available under your login dropdown, under unread topics or updated posts.  I guess looking around for things and readjusting is the price of a cleaner layout.  Slightly more annoying to me is not being able to see, immediately on the left margin, which subforums have new posts, in the mobile view (it's still there on the desktop.)  But it is much more manageable on mobile devices,  so fair enough.  Just check for unread topics in the login dropdown.

Not convenient. So now I have to click the drop down... then click another link... then click another to mark them all read. Just put the mark all posts read back. One click and done.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato