Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A constellation of cannabis?  (Read 5412 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
A constellation of cannabis?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 03:26:00 pm »
One of the conditions of a stroke is constricted muscles — like a constant charlie horse. So we’ve gone down to the Green Lady and tried various CB this, that, or other. Lately she’s tried Delta 8 but the jury is still out.

AL is debating the whole Med Marijuana thing now (for three years). My wife may benefit from that — we don’t know. If the legalization of homebrew is any indication it’s gonna be a while.

At least they should make it a ticketable violation vs a take everything you own and lock you up for ever BS.

Edit: my wife had a massive stroke 6 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:38:58 pm by BrewBama »

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
Re: A constellation of cannabis?
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2021, 05:43:11 am »
I am sorry to hear about your wife’s stroke, I wasn’t aware of that. That is such a tough thing to recover from.
In Massachusetts they started with decriminalization. I believe it was in the same bill as allowing medical marijuana. The medical part took years to put in place because although the voter referendum passed, lawmakers dragged their feet with implementation. I believe the decriminilization went into effect at the beginning of the following year. I believe it was a $100 fine for possession of an ounce or less.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 08:06:12 am »
I appreciate it. A lot of good has come from her stroke despite it sucking.  We’re in a rhythm now so we’re good.

I can see where an avid gardener would have a great time cultivating their own. Knowing a bit about it makes me realize you really gotta want to do this due to the time commitment required. I don’t see how someone who travels can have a grow unless a partner will take the responsibility.

I can definitely understand why dispensaries charge so much for such a small amount. Labor and time.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 09:01:15 am »
I appreciate it. A lot of good has come from her stroke despite it sucking.  We’re in a rhythm now so we’re good.

I can see where an avid gardener would have a great time cultivating their own. Knowing a bit about it makes me realize you really gotta want to do this due to the time commitment required. I don’t see how someone who travels can have a grow unless a partner will take the responsibility.

I can definitely understand why dispensaries charge so much for such a small amount. Labor and time.

Its really not that hard.  My plants go on at the end of May.  Other than watering, I do pretty much nothing til the end of Oct. when I harvest.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 09:21:49 am »
I would do it like you but I see a lot of gardeners do all sorts of high and low stress training, constant defoliating and feeding, transplanting, etc... looks a lot like babysitting for months on end.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 09:50:53 am »
I would do it like you but I see a lot of gardeners do all sorts of high and low stress training, constant defoliating and feeding, transplanting, etc... looks a lot like babysitting for months on end.

In that regard, it's just like homebrewing.  You can do a lot of needless things if you feel like it but you don't have to.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 10:03:00 am »

I think people who are growing commercial, or just really into getting as much yield as possible, do really put a lot of time into them. We really don't do much from the time they are planted to harvest. Occassinal watering and feeding end of May through end of September, then watch daily for a couple weeks to make sure there is no mold and monitoring the color of tricombs. The only part I find time consuming is trimming.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2021, 08:26:11 am »

A lot of the same could be said just for vegetable or flower gardening. If you aren't letting plants grow free in the ground there is a lot of work to grow from seed, transplant, water, feed, trim, weed, etc. Some people take that kind of gardening extremely seriously as well but it doesn't mean you can't grow tomatoes or roses with less significant work.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2021, 12:47:12 pm »

I thought it was more based on street price and the amount of risk and regulation involved. My (very loose) understanding is that they have to know exactly where every plant is and a lot of other strict monitoring and control of the product.
A few months ago I heard about a dispensary owner in California who's still in federal jail, despite running a state sanctioned dispensary. Banks won't touch your money either.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2021, 12:51:33 pm »
Probably a lot of factors. I know the local CBD place said they would not become a dispensary for med marijuana if the measure is passed due to low profit margin/high PITA factor. She didn’t go into detail but your factors sound plausible.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2021, 04:30:10 pm »
Well knock me over with a feather: Grandma Ivey just signed the AL Med Marijuana bill into law today. Finally, AL isn’t last at something.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2021, 05:58:20 pm »
Well knock me over with a feather: Grandma Ivey just signed the AL Med Marijuana bill into law today. Finally, AL isn’t last at something.

Sort of...

“Under the legislation, patients can obtain the medical marijuana in oral tablets, topical preparations, liquid for inhalers and more. The measure does not include weed in the form of "any product administered by smoking, combustion or vaping," food products, or raw plants.”

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2021, 07:10:02 pm »
I can’t believe it even says that much!

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2021, 08:41:44 pm »
Looks like you too can soon take your weed (suppository) and stick it up your butt!

Not sure why they bother with all the restrictions. Seems like it's been fine in Colorado and California and you can get anything there. Same in Illinois, but it only went into effect January 2020. One of the dispensaries by my gas station looks nicer on the outside than 90% of stores in town.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2021, 08:45:19 pm »

Sort of...

“Under the legislation, patients can obtain the medical marijuana in oral tablets, topical preparations, liquid for inhalers and more. The measure does not include weed in the form of "any product administered by smoking, combustion or vaping," food products, or raw plants.”
No doubt that gummy bears are sold as oral tablets, vape juice will be sold as "liquid for inhalers", and someone will find a way to market shatter as a topical product or an oral tablet. It's a start, and enforcement will likely be minimal on the fine details.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer