Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vessi  (Read 21942 times)

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
Re: Vessi V2?
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2017, 07:05:45 am »
Seems like Northern Brewer is selling V2? Totally new SRS, and check the new price! Yipes!!!

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
Re: Vessi
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2017, 07:06:52 am »
apparently I don't know how to insert image...... check out NB's site

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
Hard to say what is what. Looking at the main photos the srs looks the same but scrolling down I do see the other big black thing which is hard to see in thier pictures.
2500 bucks...glad I got in early and paid 1500 for mine.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2017, 07:35:16 am »
"2500 bucks...glad I got in early and paid 1500 for mine."

DITTO! I think they'll be hard pressed to sell many at that price point.

Offline √ brewing

• 1st Kit
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2017, 08:36:59 am »
I think it's the same units they are selling @ Northern Brewer. I seem to remember seeing those same pics towards the bottom when they first started advertising the Vessi on Indiegogo. I believe it was their first design before they went into production to the current models that currently went out.

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2017, 10:06:00 am »
You'd think they'd put up current pics if that's the case. For $2,500 I'd wanna see EXACTLY what I was getting.

Offline Patrick

• Cellarman
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »
Those images describing the unit are indeed the images that were first used for the indiegogo. Definitely not V2.0, more like V0.0 And I am very happy with my super early bird backer price. I can't see too many being sold at that current MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2017, 07:07:53 pm »
Those images describing the unit are indeed the images that were first used for the indiegogo. Definitely not V2.0, more like V0.0 And I am very happy with my super early bird backer price. I can't see too many being sold at that current MSRP.

IDK, with the crazy prices of lesser products, I could see this device selling for 2500. I do think there are issues with vessi still, but next versions will be better. But ya, I'm glad to have bought in for what we did.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2017, 11:19:15 am »
Well, my Vessi is going back for exchange. When its full of beer, it just won't make it to 35 degrees. The best its done is 41 degrees and now its actually at 45 with the set point at 35....
But...the great news is how good the Vessi folks are to work with. They are doing the exchange with no hassle at all.

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2017, 11:40:10 am »
Well, my Vessi is going back for exchange. When its full of beer, it just won't make it to 35 degrees. The best its done is 41 degrees and now its actually at 45 with the set point at 35....
But...the great news is how good the Vessi folks are to work with. They are doing the exchange with no hassle at all.
That sucks... but good to know they're working with you. Hope you're back to brewin soon!

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2017, 11:47:33 am »
Well, vessi has a full belly right now that I'll transfer to
my kegerator for now so I'm in good shape for a while. I have an Irish red and hard cider on tap, besides the iPa in vessi so I have enough juice to last a while :)

Offline Patrick

• Cellarman
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2017, 08:44:47 pm »
Well, vessi has a full belly right now that I'll transfer to
my kegerator for now so I'm in good shape for a while. I have an Irish red and hard cider on tap, besides the iPa in vessi so I have enough juice to last a while :)

Now I want to start monitoring what it pours at. Once I get to that stage I'll be sure to post my findings. My first unit wouldn't chill at all.

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2017, 05:46:55 am »
I see that the Vessi folks produced more How to videos on youtube. Some good tips for sure. I just racked the beer from Vessi to my keg but I did it differently than how they posted. I have a 1/2 rubber line that I bought for my hop back device and it happens to fit right over the beer tap on vessi. I just connected to that, and ran the line to the bottom of the keg and filled it up. I know this isn't the best method since some oxygen does get to the beer but I honestly don't think it will matter. It's not much different then when using carboys and racking to secondary carboys.
The SRS tip is a good one...just use the white plastic tank to hold it when connecting it to vessi...great idea.
I guess I should keep my eye on the original forum too..I imagine they mentioned the new videos there.

Offline blenderbender

• Cellarman
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2017, 06:25:59 am »
Thanks for the headsup on new vids, though there was no mention that I saw on the  Indiegogo site, if that's what you're referring to as the original forum. I wish they'd get an official forum together so that all this input could be consolidated in one place. PITA jumping from Indiegogo, FB, and here.

I'm still disappointed in pouring temps even though my unit does reach 35 deg. according to gauge. If there's 35 deg. beer in there it certainly isn't finding it's way to the tap even after several consecutive pours. Personally I don't think sticking your glasses in the freezer should be the official answer. I'd be happy with 40 deg, but that ain't happening either. WHERE  IS THAT COLD BEER?  ???

Offline cjdock

• Cellarman
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2017, 06:41:44 am »
Thanks for the headsup on new vids, though there was no mention that I saw on the  Indiegogo site, if that's what you're referring to as the original forum. I wish they'd get an official forum together so that all this input could be consolidated in one place. PITA jumping from Indiegogo, FB, and here.

I'm still disappointed in pouring temps even though my unit does reach 35 deg. according to gauge. If there's 35 deg. beer in there it certainly isn't finding it's way to the tap even after several consecutive pours. Personally I don't think sticking your glasses in the freezer should be the official answer. I'd be happy with 40 deg, but that ain't happening either. WHERE  IS THAT COLD BEER?  ???

I hear ya on that about the cold beer. Once I get my replacement vessi, I'm going to insulate the tank to see if that helps. It would be tempting to open the lid and put a thermometer right in the tank to test that temp. My digital gauge has a long reach and I very well may do that on my next batch...gotta know! lol
I looked at the facebook page but then bailed on using it. This site is good enough for me.