Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2016 NHC  (Read 30707 times)

Offline AlexC

• 1st Kit
Re: 2016 NHC
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:19 am »
For anyone wondering, they did send an email out letting us know the timeline and process. FYI:
Thanks for participating in the 2016 NHC Indianapolis First Round competition! The judging for your competition has concluded and the results are being verified by the AHA. You can anticipate about a week or longer for verification to be complete.

You will be notified again by email when the results from your competition are posted on the Winners page of the AHA website.

After all 12 First Round competitions are complete, your results—with a downloadable letter and any certificates earned by your entries’ scores—will be available in your record on the competition site. You will receive an email telling you when you can log into your record for this information.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2016, 11:08:56 am »
Yep.  Just got that email too.  Thanks for updating.

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »
I've got to rebrew one of mine because I only had enough to send to the first round. It probably won't advance but my wife is clamouring for it anyway so it's on the schedule. It's a partigyle to so I get  a second runnings beer that I can do something different with.

I kept back enough to hold and send on, but I've already rebrewed one of mine for another comp, and the same reason as you, the wife declares we must have it in stock at all times.  I've made 3 batches already this year.  I sent four on, but I'll only have a chance to rebrew one of them, so I'll wait to see what (if any) move on.  It's already too warm to redo the Cal Common, so that one will just have to do as is.  If the IPA advances that's what I'll rebrew so it's fresh. 

Mine are getting judged in Seattle this weekend, but I dropped them off a couple weeks ago so I'm already anxiously awaiting results that haven't even been judged yet.  Bracing myself for another 2 weeks...
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2016, 03:00:43 pm »
Mine were judged in indy last weekend,  nothing to rebrew though.  Half of them were like 2-5 year old beers .
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »
Mine are getting judged in Seattle this weekend, but I dropped them off a couple weeks ago so I'm already anxiously awaiting results that haven't even been judged yet.  Bracing myself for another 2 weeks...

Come on up and give us a hand!  We can ALWAYS use more stewards (and judges if you are so inclined).
I guarantee you'll have a good time.  Ask around -- Jason Barker and Ted Assur can probably hook you up with a ride.

Steve
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

Come on up and give us a hand!  We can ALWAYS use more stewards (and judges if you are so inclined).
I guarantee you'll have a good time.  Ask around -- Jason Barker and Ted Assur can probably hook you up with a ride.

Steve

Hey Steve,

I did seriously consider it, but ended up having some other commitments for this weekend.  Maybe next year! I heard it's a great opportunity to be around a lot of experienced judges.

I don't think Ted will be coming this year since he lives in Vermont now, but I could be wrong! I know Jim Thompson is coming up from the OBC.

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2016, 02:11:09 pm »
Wow- I didn't know Ted moved.

Hope you'll get a chance to help out.  I think it is something all entrants should do at least once.  They'll get a good appreciation for how comps really work and the amount of effort it takes to pull one off.
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2016, 11:27:11 am »
Well so much for winning all 4 major awards. I guess everyone makes Pils now.   :-\

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2016, 11:40:45 am »
Well so much for winning all 4 major awards. I guess everyone makes Pils now.   :-\

Nice work on the ciders and mead.  Mine are being judged this weekend.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2016, 05:05:26 pm »
Terri and I had a blast this weekend at NHC1 Seattle! Very well organized! They fed us Friday night, and twice Saturday, and there were grab bags to take home! I got a cool Black Raven shirt, some Cascade Blonde candy syrup, and some keg cleaning tablets!

Friday I was lead at my table and did 10 APAs, then sat at mini-BOS with Ted Hausotter. He even let me pick the winner, lol. Well, probably I got lucky.

Afterwards, I cracked a bomber of my Munich Helles and Dort with a group of GMs and had fun learning

Saturday morning I was lead at IPA (english, IIPA, specialty) and sat at min-BOS with Steve Antoch. We picked a CDA as 1st

That afternoon I was junior to a Master judge Trevor Nichol if I recall correctly. We cranked out 12 Porters and then we got oit of Dodge.

Fantastic experience! Thanks to everyone who put this together and who got me into judging!

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2016, 07:24:02 am »
hope the results from STL come in soon

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2016, 08:15:14 am »
hope the results from STL come in soon

Got my email yesterday saying the comp was completed and they needed to verify results.  I'm hoping for Friday, but the Indy results didn't some out until last Friday and it was the only comp that week.  This past weekend, there were 3 regions judging so it may take longer.  Hopefully STL will be verified first, but knowing those Seattle guys, the AHA probably had all the Seattle info 10 minutes after judging completed ;)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2016, 09:08:58 am »
oh ya, got the email last night too.

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2016, 12:07:37 pm »

Saturday morning I was lead at IPA (english, IIPA, specialty) and sat at min-BOS with Steve Antoch. We picked a CDA as 1st

Fantastic experience! Thanks to everyone who put this together and who got me into judging!

Thanks for judging!

I was already super anxious for the results to come back, and even knowing it's unlikely that it's my CDA that got picked, this just amps up the nerves another notch!

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »

Thanks for judging!

I was already super anxious for the results to come back, and even knowing it's unlikely that it's my CDA that got picked, this just amps up the nerves another notch!
Oh how cool would that be?! My hedonistic summary of that CDA is that it immediately reminds me of Saquatch habitat.  Very interesting and pleasant cedar-earthy thing going on, and the roast kind of reminds me of his camp fire, lol. It was a fun and tastey beer. If its yours, congrats!