Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BBQ Style  (Read 476833 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: BBQ Style
« Reply #930 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »
It's nice to see someone doing lamb. Really, it's a personal favorite. :)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #931 on: February 15, 2011, 06:59:14 am »
i had a nice piece of fresh salmon and i hit it with some salt and pepper and some dizzy pig raging river.  i had never grilled avacados before.  i hit them with salt and pepper and dizzy pig shakin' the tree.  both turned out awesome!

thanks in advance for looking!
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #932 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:33 am »
Here are some pics of recent efforts, my wife thinks I'm a lunatic taking pictures of food so you'll never se a photo of the finished product
tonight was garlic/rosemary coated boneless leg of lamb:

that's stellar!

AHA# 196703

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #933 on: February 15, 2011, 08:07:44 am »
Very fine shrimp dish! I hope grandma enjoyed it!

Do you ever have a problem with the shrimp falling through the grate?

thanks!  grandma didn't come over, but i'm sure she would have dug it!

so far, so good.  i've probably lost less than a half dozen shrimp and i've probably grilled 20 lbs since shrimp season started.  i lost the smallest shrimp last night.

Gam gam didn't come to her own b'day party?
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #934 on: February 15, 2011, 08:12:25 am »
Very fine shrimp dish! I hope grandma enjoyed it!

Do you ever have a problem with the shrimp falling through the grate?

thanks!  grandma didn't come over, but i'm sure she would have dug it!

so far, so good.  i've probably lost less than a half dozen shrimp and i've probably grilled 20 lbs since shrimp season started.  i lost the smallest shrimp last night.

Gam gam didn't come to her own b'day party?

the party was at a community center and there was food there.  this was just what i cooked for dinner.

AHA# 196703

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #935 on: February 15, 2011, 09:25:18 am »
Here are some pics of recent efforts, my wife thinks I'm a lunatic taking pictures of food so you'll never se a photo of the finished product
tonight was garlic/rosemary coated boneless leg of lamb:

that's stellar!

+1

Wow...nice to see those ribs hangin' in there like that.  8)
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2011, 10:11:30 am »
i had a nice piece of fresh salmon and i hit it with some salt and pepper and some dizzy pig raging river.  i had never grilled avacados before.  i hit them with salt and pepper and dizzy pig shakin' the tree.  both turned out awesome!
Very nice!  I hadn't considered grilling avocados before, I'll have to try that.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2011, 10:39:38 am »
It's nice to see someone doing lamb. Really, it's a personal favorite. :)
We really wanted grilled salmon, but all we could find was farm raised or imported from China.  Next choice were the lamb T-bone chops, also not available so the boneless leg portion was the best we could find.  We eat a lot of lamb, it's one of my favorite foods when cooked right.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »
Very nice!  I hadn't considered grilling avocados before, I'll have to try that.

HIGHly recommended!  next up with them is grilled guacamole.

AHA# 196703

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #939 on: February 15, 2011, 01:12:36 pm »

Oooh, will you roast the tomatoes, garlic, and onions too?  Or just the avos and make as usual?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #940 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19:46 pm »

Oooh, will you roast the tomatoes, garlic, and onions too?  Or just the avos and make as usual?

i know i'm going to roast the avos, garlic and tomatos, but not the onions.

AHA# 196703

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2011, 05:05:59 pm »
Let us know how it is. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #942 on: February 16, 2011, 01:58:11 am »
My dad used to do simple grilled chicken on the weekends once it started getting warmer out, and this weekend is supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees, so I'm gonna go for it. What I need, though, are good side recommendations (grilled, preferrably). Any ideas? Something healthy would be best, but I'd love to hear what you guys have done as far as "interesting" or "non-standard" bbq-based sides go.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #943 on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:02 am »
Yeah, I remember when wings were super cheap.  We used to eat them a lot with our modified Frank's hot sauce - delicious.  I had a roommate 15 years ago or so when I was working the late shift, and every couple of weeks when he felt like staying up late he'd make wings and we'd hang out drinking beers and dining in fine style. Good times.   ;D

I like your idea of selling mesquite in Europe euge, it would make an awesome road trip.  Ship them all to Antwerp and then load up a truck and drive around Germany selling them all.  Then load up the truck again and drive around France.  Repeat with different countries until the whole shipping container is gone.  You might not make a ton of money, but maybe it would pay for itself. :)

Update, my local gardening shop now sells mesquite wood chips (and hickory, and maple!!!!) so I hope you guys hadn't bought the truck yet.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #944 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:10 am »
My dad used to do simple grilled chicken on the weekends once it started getting warmer out, and this weekend is supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees, so I'm gonna go for it. What I need, though, are good side recommendations (grilled, preferrably). Any ideas? Something healthy would be best, but I'd love to hear what you guys have done as far as "interesting" or "non-standard" bbq-based sides go.

I like asparagas, corn, red peppers, red onion, potatoes....just to name a few.
Ron Price