Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Zymurgy iphone app?  (Read 47762 times)

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
Re: Zymurgy iphone app?
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:35 am »
I love having the issues on my iPad, since as a road warrior its nice to read them on the go, but that also leads to my biggest frustration. The app requires a data connection to keep you logged in. So sitting on a plane, with hours free to read, and I cant because the app can't confirm my account, and logs me out after a couple of minutes, assuming I could open the app in the first place.

I already logged in to download the issues, so why do i need an active data connection to read them? To me that undermines the entire point of downloading the issues v cloud browsing.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2013, 10:19:16 am »
I love having the issues on my iPad, since as a road warrior its nice to read them on the go, but that also leads to my biggest frustration. The app requires a data connection to keep you logged in.

That is a great point.  I would love to hear an explanation.  In my experience, that is not how other magazines work.

Another app question - is there a way to delete issues once they are read?  If there is, I have missed it.  Unfortunately, I am space limited on the iPad and need to balance reading and music for each business trip.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2013, 10:29:26 am »
I love having the issues on my iPad, since as a road warrior its nice to read them on the go, but that also leads to my biggest frustration. The app requires a data connection to keep you logged in.

That is a great point.  I would love to hear an explanation.  In my experience, that is not how other magazines work.

Another app question - is there a way to delete issues once they are read?  If there is, I have missed it.  Unfortunately, I am space limited on the iPad and need to balance reading and music for each business trip.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I was told that you could read downloaded issues off line, but I just tried it and it didn't work.  There is unfortunately no way to delete issues at the moment. Believe me, I let them know that wasn't a good thing.  They plan on adding that, but there is no word on when.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2013, 11:46:10 am »
Thanks for the response Denny. Loving the app otherwise.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2013, 01:00:35 pm »
Thanks for the response Denny. Loving the app otherwise.

Agreed.  It is a beautiful app, espeically on the larger iPad screen.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
OK, heard from the AHA IT dept.  They're looking into why it doesn't work if you're not online.  Like I said, it's supposed to.  They have also gotten a quote for the programming required to put in the delete feature and will get it done as soon as the quote is approved.  I think that will be pretty soon, but no definite timeline.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline scott

• Cellarman
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2013, 07:04:15 am »
When will the next issue show up in the app?  I've already received it in the mail.

+1 to being able to delete issues.

+1 to being able to read without connecting to the internet first.
Scott

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2013, 09:05:08 pm »
Looks like AHA has a way to go to get up to speed in the digital world. I got my BYO email and e-issue before the paper version hit my mailbox. Even on their Web site I have to log in to the site and then again to the message board. Just a little behind the times on the Web.

That being said I still can't wait to my eZymurgy!! Please hurry!!

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:05 am »
Odd, I consistently get e-Zymurgy a week before I see my paper copy.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com / ExperimentalBrew.com
-----
Burbling:
Falconsclaws Helles

Tap:
CDJK Mild
Earl Grey Saison
Clam Chowdah Saison
I Dream of Jenny

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2013, 08:28:00 am »
I was looking for the new Zymurgy to download in the Zymurgy app...

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2013, 08:44:23 am »
I received an email yesterday that the Sept/Oct version was ready for download.  I haven't received the hard copy yet.

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2013, 08:48:56 am »
I can still only see the Jul/Aug 2013 issue on my iPad and my android phone?? I got the paper copy in the mail yesterday. Tried logging out and back in to see if it showed up but nothing yet.

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2013, 09:20:14 am »
I couldn't see the new issue on my Ipad either. Comes up fine on the computer though.

Offline scottNU

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:22 am »
I couldn't see the new issue on my Ipad either. Comes up fine on the computer though.

This is true for me as well.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 09:55:55 am »
Hey all,

The newest issue of Zymurgy was just released on the mobile app!

Cheers,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association