Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Zymurgy iphone app?  (Read 47763 times)

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
Re: Zymurgy iphone app?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2013, 04:09:49 pm »
I use an iPhone 4S and have no problem downloading multiple issues. I'd guess you probably need to free up some memory on your phone.  The issue files are quite large.

Thanks, I checked, but 3gb avaliable, but just to be sure, I freed up another 1/2 gb....redid the original instructions on hard restart just for grins....and, nothing.

Removing and redownloading ap is next step.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 04:48:06 pm »
I use an iPhone 4S and have no problem downloading multiple issues. I'd guess you probably need to free up some memory on your phone.  The issue files are quite large.

Thanks, I checked, but 3gb avaliable, but just to be sure, I freed up another 1/2 gb....redid the original instructions on hard restart just for grins....and, nothing.

Removing and redownloading ap is next step.

Let us know if that works.  I deleted the app, re-installed and still didn't have any problem downloading more than one issue on my 4S.  Do you know what operating system you've got?  The iOS5 fix won't be live until next week.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2013, 07:34:56 am »
my iphone is a 64g with over half the memory available.  i deleted and re-downloaded, but still no dice.  i have an old school ipad that i'll try it on.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:46 am »
UPDATE: 7/29/2013

The Apple app has undergone a round of updates. The changes include:
-Resolved issue with frozen splash screen: Some users experienced a frozen splash screen when running the app for the first time. This issue was being resolved with a hard restart of the app, but now it should not be an issue.
-Download Status Bar: The download status of individual Zymurgy issues will now be displayed
-iOS5: The app should now work for iOS5 users.

Thank you to everyone reporting bugs in this thread. We take into account all feedback and use what we can to further optimize the app. Please continue posting your experiences!

Cheers,
Duncan Bryant
AHA Web Coordinator
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »
Duncan, I downloaded the update yesterday...unfortunately, the app that had been working perfectly no longer works!  I had d/l'ed a couple issues and many others showed up as available for d/l.  After the update, they all disappeared.  Any ideas? 
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dennydeaton

• 1st Kit
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2013, 12:28:00 pm »
Hi, I just tried to install the iOS app from the App Store on an iPad 1 (iOS 5) and I get an error stating "This app requires iOS 6.".  The date on the app is July 29th, version 1.3.  It does say that its compatible with "iPad".  It also says in the What's New section "Enabled iOS5 users to download the app".  Is this still broken?  Has anyone else done this successfully?

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »
I have an iPhone 5, with most current iOS.  Everything worked perfectly. 

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »
i'm getting document errors on the download of the latest issue on iphone 5 most current iOS.

edit:  now that i've been out of the app a few minutes, when i go back in it will allow me to try to download them again.  i'll update this again after i try.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:55:05 pm by deepsouth »

AHA# 196703

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:11 pm »
Let us know if that works.  I deleted the app, re-installed and still didn't have any problem downloading more than one issue on my 4S.  Do you know what operating system you've got?  The iOS5 fix won't be live until next week.

Before I got around to uninstalling and reinstalling, an update of the app came available in the app store.  I downloaded that and it started to download perfectly.  I also like the new clock that shows that it is downloading.  So, my issue is resolved, even though I don't know why.

Now, about that Kindle app?  It would be nice to have it on the device I actually use for reading.

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2013, 09:32:46 am »
Well, yesterday there was nothing I could do to get it working again.  Today it's flawless.  No idea why....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:22 pm »
iphone 5, most recent iOS and it worked for me today.  download was faster than a couple days ago as well, and not over a wifi.

AHA# 196703

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »
Just downloaded the latest update on my iPad 1st gen with iOS5. App installed fine and issues to download showed up but when I tried to download an issue it would get to the end of the download and then crash the app and shut down.

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »
After a little more work I was able to download all the issues but July/Aug 2013 and March/April 2012??

Offline Michael Julian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2013, 09:00:39 pm »
So are the web addresses in ads and articals not live? It would be nice to be able to tap on a web address in an artical and get to the web page

Offline rickyk76

• 1st Kit
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »
The app has been working great for me. So great that using the web to rummage through back issues now seems archaic and clumsy. So, I'm wondering when the 2010 and earlier issues will be added. Any idea?