Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer bartering?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Beer bartering?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 03:21:43 pm »
Calm down, Dean.....;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:25:02 am »
I didn't mean anything political etc. by that... just saying there is Good and Bad everywhere regardless of belief, job title, wealth, etc. etc.  Never judge a book by its cover, just because it looks good doesn't mean its good and vice-versa.

I was just saying to my wife how much our society has changed and its been so gradual that nobody realizes it.  On TV this morning they were showing how to make mixed drinks... on a Morning Show!  And drinking them!  On TV!   :D :D :D  Never would have happened 20 years ago.   Incrementalism, makes me wonder what will be the norm in another 20 years.... maybe bartering? 

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 09:09:49 am »
I don't know how old you are, Dean....I just turned 58 and I think a lot about how things have changed.  Then, just yesterday I called my 81 year old mother....wow, talk about an eye opener!  I think every generation goes through the feelings that you have about change, but OTOH, there's no way around it!

Now, shall we keep this related to beer, or should I move this to the pub?  :)

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bspisak

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 10:02:08 am »
Each state has it's own laws for homebrewing including how much beer can be removed from the premises and for what reasons. It can even be illegal to give beer away!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:21:21 am »
Each state has it's own laws for homebrewing including how much beer can be removed from the premises and for what reasons. It can even be illegal to give beer away!

Very true....Seattle was under consideration for NHC, but then we discovered that WA had a law that in effect (IIRC) didn't allow homebrew to be moved from your home!  Fortunately, a group of homebrewers there got that changed.

www.dennybrew.com