Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pizza Fatta en Casa  (Read 54823 times)

Offline woody

• Cellarman
Re: Pizza Fatta en Casa
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2010, 08:29:14 am »
Pie turned out awesome!   Finally got to use my new screen and peel.   Helps to have the right tools! 
I believe in a society with a ruling class.   Cause I rule

Offline woody

• Cellarman
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2010, 09:33:44 am »
Can't believe no one has posted any breakfast pies yet!   Made this one this morning- sausage and bacon.   Just gotta be sure to make a good ridge around the edge of the dough so the eggs don't spill everywhere.  Then be careful putting it in the oven!   Dribbling the egg onto a 500º stone might make a bit of a smokey mess! 

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2010, 09:56:48 am »
Can't believe no one has posted any breakfast pies yet!   Made this one this morning- sausage and bacon.   Just gotta be sure to make a good ridge around the edge of the dough so the eggs don't spill everywhere.  Then be careful putting it in the oven!   Dribbling the egg onto a 500º stone might make a bit of a smokey mess! 

There you go! Now that looks good and home made. Your previous pizza was too symmetrical and looked machine made even. ;)
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline woody

• Cellarman
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2010, 10:04:03 am »
Well I am a machine, so I guess even though both pies were homemade you can still call them that ha ha.  I'm calling on my old skills from summers past working at the pizzeria

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2010, 10:54:06 am »

On the peel

With stuff on it

In the oven

Half eaten
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2010, 11:12:54 am »
Nice work Jim. I have a new dough formulation cold fermenting as I type. I'll post some pics of whatever I make.
Ron Price

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2010, 02:37:53 pm »
I have to say thanks to everyone for showing me the way when it comes to pizza making and gear.  With a screen, stone, and the cold-rise pizza dough I've been making all kinds of really good pizza.  Who needs to order out anyway???

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »
I have to say thanks to everyone for showing me the way when it comes to pizza making and gear.  With a screen, stone, and the cold-rise pizza dough I've been making all kinds of really good pizza.  Who needs to order out anyway???

You said it!  I haven't ordered pizza in months.  I like mine so much more, and it's so easy to make!
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2010, 05:46:17 pm »

You said it!  I haven't ordered pizza in months.  I like mine so much more, and it's so easy to make!

+1

I have alot of fun making pizza. It's a very rewarding. Kind of like homebrewing.
Ron Price

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:01 am »
Hey mikey, do you have any problems with the dough rising out there.  I used to live in Longmont (Boulder, too) and I found the pizza lacking (as compared to the east coast where I was born).
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2010, 06:42:30 am »

+1

I have alot of fun making pizza. It's a very rewarding. Kind of like homebrewing.

Plus, unlike homebrewing - you can actually save tons of money and make it better and cheaper even after buying what you need to do it right. :)  (not counting stone ovens)
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 03:30:15 pm »
Hey mikey, do you have any problems with the dough rising out there.  I used to live in Longmont (Boulder, too) and I found the pizza lacking (as compared to the east coast where I was born).
You know I was born and raised in NJ, my brother and I are the only ones who don't still live in NJ.  My GF loves to go back east with me just for the pizza and Mom & Pop Italian deli sandwiches.  I have always bashed the pizza everywhere I went.  My first batch was a little lacking, but the last batch really did rise pretty well.  I could get the crust really thin and then where the crust was had plenty of big and little air-bubbles.  Really the crust was pretty good......now I just have to work on the sauce!  :)

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »
Reviving an old thread to post some pics of my latest Chicago-style pie.  I've been a fan of the style for a long time, but have only recently starting making my own.

Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2010, 04:05:20 am »
Reviving an old thread to post some pics of my latest Chicago-style pie.  I've been a fan of the style for a long time, but have only recently starting making my own.

Hey, that crust is a beauty! Mind sharing the recipe? We use a ceramic deep dish stone and have trouble getting anything besides a cracker-like crust. Maybe I'm not using enough butter?
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2010, 04:42:14 am »
Pizza looks great Matt.

Yes ...it's that time of year to start baking some pies again.
Looking forward to it.
I want to make some Chicago style pie for a change.
They are very tasty and filling.
Ron Price