Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I HATE dentists.  (Read 9176 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
I HATE dentists.
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »
  Just gotta vent, dudes, so bear with me. I'm 32. Never had a cavity, or any dental work. Last time I was at the dentist, I was 16. So a few weeks ago, I find out that my Union dental plan was still in effect, even though I dropped out the the Local 33 almost a year ago. So, I decide to go in for a cleaning.
   Get my teeth cleaned, and x-rays. Find out a have a cavity in my back molar, and two wisdom teeth have to come out. Fast forward a couple weeks (last tues. to be exact) And I go in to get them yanked. I had to be knocked out cold I was so freaked out. That was some good stuff!!! But, that's a whole other story. Dentist yanked two wisom teeth, had to dig for one. Well, I have a slight case of TMJ, it never really bothers me, just some mornings, I cannot get my mouth closed for a while, and my jaw pops real loud when I chew.
   Now, after the teeth yanking,  my jaw is killing my, constatly, and it pops every time I open or close my mouth. This really blows, and dentists are off my list. (this also explains my infrequent posting. That and the Batman video game  ;D)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
Re: I HATE dentists.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »
I feel your pain . . literally. Getting ready to make an appointment tomorrow to get something done to an abscess where repair work was completed two years ago. Broke six teeth when a tree limb clocked me, and the area between where they built the crown on one of them and an adjacent tooth has become a magnet for everything entering my pie hole. I'm single handedly keeping the dental floss companies in business and am constantly thinking of Frank Zappa.
Just brew it...

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:47 pm »
I'm in pretty much the exact same situation you are weazletoe.  I'm 32 and haven't been to the dentist since I was around 19 probably.  Perfect teeth before that and I'm sure when I eventually end up going they're going to be salivating over the work they decide they need to do.  Part of the reason I keep putting off going.  Luckily I have had all the wisdom teeth out.  I know, I need to.  Soon.  I'm going to go soon...
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline loopy

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:06:36 pm »
it aint the drill its the bill that kills me. 

brewboy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 08:27:09 pm »
It's those damn Novocaine shots that I hate.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:44 pm »
I get queezy at the thought of going to the dentist. I get anxiety attacks every time I have to get any work done in the chair. I can't help it, I have dentiphobia. It's awful.   :(

I feel your pain Weaz.

Ron Price

Offline 4himarks

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 05:43:06 am »
GO TO THE DENTIST!!! All of you. I was like you when I was in my 30s as well. Now I'm 51 and had to take out a second mortgage on my house to pay for implants. Better a small bill now, then a big one later. The temporaries alone cost $6000, and they were uncomfortable and kept falling out. The entire process takes about three years.

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:29:48 am »
It's pretty easy when the decision is made for me and the dental work is all free.  It just takes the commander issuing an order to have all dental work done prior to deployment.  No dental work means non deployable, which means I go to jail.  See?  Easy.
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:27:26 am »
Wisdom teeth next month, ought to be fun.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 07:49:04 am »
GO TO THE DENTIST!!! All of you.

+1

Preventive action now means less misery later. But...I still despise the dentist. With a passion. I can't help it.  >:(

Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:58 am »
I was gonna say - I don't like going to the dentist - but it sure beats a mouth full of false teeth!

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 10:59:14 pm »
Anti-dentites!! The lot of you!    Me too. :-[

They are just as bad as mechanics.
"Oh while i was in there i found that old filling you have is leaking and
you are going to need to replace it. Oh I know it is metal but metal slowly
alchem-atically changes into pudding and we need to get it before your
teeth fall out of your head."
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 09:50:47 am »
I grew up in a small town in IA where flouride was added to the water.  At one point, I went 30 years without seeing a dentist.  When I went to him, he was astounded that I had no cavities or other problems.  And it's pretty much stayed that way.  At one point, he suggested having my wisdom teeth removed, then said that I had such great bone mass it would be more trouble than it was worth.  Needless to say, it's made me a big proponent of flouridated water.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:59 am »
my neighbor 2 houses down is my dentist.  he knows better than to do anything unnecessary - I'd cut off his beer supply. 
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »
  Needless to say, it's made me a big proponent of flouridated water.

As big a proponent as batch sparging?  ???
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.