Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best 3 roller mill?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
Re: Best 3 roller mill?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2024, 04:00:32 pm »
If 3-rollers are what the pro's use, then I gotta have a 5 roller!  No make that 8 roller!  And I want to deal with an owner who's a complete d-bag to get it. 

I love my Schmidling malt mill that I've had for 20-years.  It works.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 04:05:05 pm »
If 3-rollers are what the pro's use, then I gotta have a 5 roller!  No make that 8 roller!  And I want to deal with an owner who's a complete d-bag to get it. 

I love my Schmidling malt mill that I've had for 20-years.  It works.

;D my JSP is about the same age and still works perfectly after thousands of lb of grain
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2024, 07:32:45 am »
I used a JSP maltmill since the 1990s. Around 2015 or so the mill would just not mill correctly. Checked the gap, set the gap, ensured the set bolt was tight and still the mill would not mill correctly.

Searched online for similar JSP maltmill problems. Realized it was time to purchase a new mill.

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2024, 08:04:39 am »
I used a JSP maltmill since the 1990s. Around 2015 or so the mill would just not mill correctly. Checked the gap, set the gap, ensured the set bolt was tight and still the mill would not mill correctly.

Searched online for similar JSP maltmill problems. Realized it was time to purchase a new mill.
Mine stopped grabbing the grain due to worn knurling in the center, so I changed the funnel from the middle to the outside by making a new angled piece of wood. Ready for another 20 years.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995