Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ispindel  (Read 339 times)

Offline redrocker652002

• Brewmaster
Ispindel
« on: December 01, 2023, 02:06:59 pm »
Beyond frustrated with this thing.  I have now tried it 4 times and it does not sent me a gravity reading, just continues to read 1.004.  According to the instructions I should take the [SG] out of the name, which I did.  I cut and pasted the formula directly from the sheet I was given.  I know it works because the first time it worked really well and was fun to watch the fermentation.  The last 4 times it hasn't done anything.  I am sure it is user error, but I think I have had it with this thing.  Anybody interested in it, I bought it for 50 bucks shipped and would be willing to sell it for what I bought it for.  If not, it will probably sit in the closet with all the other crap I bought that has not worked out.  Thanks for looking. 

Offline lupulus

• Brewer
  • Think like a proton, stay positive!
Re: Ispindel
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 02:13:15 pm »
Seems to be broken.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes (A. Conan Doyle)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”  Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Ispindel
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 04:49:24 pm »
Shoot the mfr a note. See what they do/say. I had an issue with Tilt and the mfr replaced the unit. It has worked flawlessly since.