Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anvil foundry valve upgrade?  (Read 416 times)

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
Anvil foundry valve upgrade?
« on: November 26, 2023, 08:33:09 am »
Hi all - with the holidays coming up, relatives are asking for my wish list. Aside from a  200 amp service upgrade for the garage, I don't really have much of a list. Any upgrades anyone has done to the Anvil Foundry that they really like?

The valve is a pain to clean and put back together. I was thinking a tri clamp setup might make my life easer but I don't see a bolt-on part for it on the anvil website. Anyone know of a standard valve body that can be purchased to replace that valve?  I tried looking for it but keep coming up with the tri-clamp assmbly for the cover.

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Anvil foundry valve upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 11:40:55 am »
I have Tri clamp ball valves on my kettle and mash tun and absolutely love them.  You could get a piece of threaded nipple and a check nut, thread your triclamp ball valve onto that on the outside and the supplied dip tube, check nut, and washer on the inside.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Anvil foundry valve upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 07:37:19 pm »
I plugged the valve port on my kettle 67 batches ago. I just turn off the heat and wrap the mash in a blanket. No cleaning a valve or pump. I’m loving the simplicity.

PS. Merry Christmas. Sorry to derail your thread.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 07:46:53 pm by tommymorris »