Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: More of a forum question than a brewing question...  (Read 2820 times)

Fire Rooster

Re: More of a forum question than a brewing question...
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2022, 03:06:52 am »
@Fire_Rooster:  I'm sorry about the dog.  I have put down exactly TWO dogs over the past 17 years.  Having worked at home for 30+ years I was always home with the dogs and so my wife always said they were my dogs.  When the day comes (and you generally know when that day comes) I do not accept it well.  Just typing this is making me squishy because I'm thinking about those dogs (a German Shepherd and a Jack Russell) and how they behaved, how they grew up with my kids, etc.  I cry for days afterwards.  Pets are family and their impact on us is bigger than we think.  Vibes to you.

We never had a dog before, and it's true he had a bigger impact than imagined.
He was a 28 pound Cockapoo.  Our daily routine has all changed since he's gone.
We are both retired and he has been with us 24/7 for 10+ years, dog friendly hotels are great.
For his last year he was deaf and blind, could never be left alone for a moment, and we made the best of it we could.
There were some good days, then there was none.  Such a huge void in my ours lives, Wife and I.
So much free time now, were trying to fill the void.  I don't recall a time when tears were
running down my face.  That clock is being reset daily, tomorrow will be 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:35:47 am by Fire Rooster »

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2022, 07:32:15 am »
  Fire Rooster, my wife always asks "why do our animals always seem to be yours" and I say I love animals because they love me. Always there for you and never say hurtful words.
    The Rainbows Bridge Poem
RainbowBridge.com Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

E-mail this page to a friend   Find us on Facebook   Find us on Twitter

Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2022, 07:36:13 am »
The best way I know to heal that pain is to get another dog.  I realize that solution is not simple and not for everyone but it does help.  When we lost our German Shepard we got the Jack Russell and when we lost the Jack Russell my wife said "That's it.  No more dogs" and I was not in agreement but you can't have a pet in the house when only one person wants it.  Good luck.
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Online Cliffs

• Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2022, 09:28:16 am »
@Fire_Rooster:  I'm sorry about the dog.  I have put down exactly TWO dogs over the past 17 years.  Having worked at home for 30+ years I was always home with the dogs and so my wife always said they were my dogs.  When the day comes (and you generally know when that day comes) I do not accept it well.  Just typing this is making me squishy because I'm thinking about those dogs (a German Shepherd and a Jack Russell) and how they behaved, how they grew up with my kids, etc.  I cry for days afterwards.  Pets are family and their impact on us is bigger than we think.  Vibes to you.

We never had a dog before, and it's true he had a bigger impact than imagined.
He was a 28 pound Cockapoo.  Our daily routine has all changed since he's gone.
We are both retired and he has been with us 24/7 for 10+ years, dog friendly hotels are great.
For his last year he was deaf and blind, could never be left alone for a moment, and we made the best of it we could.
There were some good days, then there was none.  Such a huge void in my ours lives, Wife and I.
So much free time now, were trying to fill the void.  I don't recall a time when tears were
running down my face.  That clock is being reset daily, tomorrow will be 2 weeks.

dang dude, Im so sorry for your loss.

Offline MNWayne

• Brewer
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2022, 08:09:41 am »
I once heard, "if you want a broken heart, get a dog".  No truer words have even been spoken.  I lost mine in December.  My heart goes out to you.
Far better to dare mighty things....

Offline ScallyWag

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2022, 09:25:59 am »
My heartfelt condolences to all who have lost a pet recently (or, ever, for that matter).

I kind of feel bad now for starting that tangent.   :(  Sorry.

That's the ironic thing about love....  the more you love, the more it hurts when they're gone.  It's an inevitable part of life, and I hate that.