Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What Are Your 2024 Homebrewing Resolutions? Here Are Mine...  (Read 3101 times)

Offline HEUBrewer

• Cellarman
Re: What Are Your 2024 Homebrewing Resolutions? Here Are Mine...
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2024, 06:54:10 pm »
I started home brewing in January, 1990, so it’s been 34 years and 449 batches, which is consistently about 13 brew days per year.
You are a machine!   That my friend is impressive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2024, 07:10:57 am »
I started home brewing in January, 1990, so it’s been 34 years and 449 batches, which is consistently about 13 brew days per year.

I am currently sitting at 425 batches and will be brewing like mad when I get back home in April.  Have competition beers to make and want to try a couple new things this year.  Started brewing in 1996.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Online ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2024, 10:52:25 am »
Brewing since 2006; used to average about 35 brews per year...looking to segue into more small batch brews, since I don't have the crew around that I used to regularly have.  It's nice to have the product on hand, but it tends to stockpile in the winter months and then bust loose come spring.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2024, 09:15:08 am »
Hello all, wanted to say happy, happy New Year, happy homebrewing and thank you to our AHA Forum moderators who keep us going.

So...what are your 2024 homebrewing goals, resolutions, wishes and plans?

Mine are:

• Brew, transfer or carbonate a beer at least 1x a month
  • Perfect the PERFECT Extra Special Bitter (stay tuned for an upcoming Zymurgy column on my experience)
  • Judge in more competitions

Cheers, and to stay up to date on the AHA simply keep your membership current, enjoy and read Zymurgy and contact us https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/contact-us/ with any questions.
Julia

Julia Herz - Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO
JOIN US: HomebrewersAssociation.org

Black from January 2024 recent past! How's everyone's homebrewing resolutions going? We're here to encourage and support. Mine are going well and I've been true to what I put forth!
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2024, 10:24:23 am »
I really enjoy this hobby because my process is incredibly simple and I intend to keep it that way.  So my resolution is to not get bogged down with fancy processes and equipment and continue brewing with my kettle, bag and spoon (although, if I can find a way to eliminate the spoon, I will.). Because that is what I enjoy.  And the beer too.

Check!

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2024, 10:43:16 am »
I really enjoy this hobby because my process is incredibly simple and I intend to keep it that way.  So my resolution is to not get bogged down with fancy processes and equipment and continue brewing with my kettle, bag and spoon (although, if I can find a way to eliminate the spoon, I will.). Because that is what I enjoy.  And the beer too.

Check!

LOVE it. Spoon and all it's about the FUN.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2024, 05:18:52 pm »
my update after my "brewing season" - i mean i guess for sept 2024 to 2025

system:

1. depending on my financial goals - may get a whole new system that can save me time on brew day, control ferm temps better, reducing lifting and danger points.

2. beers:
-more english ales (have had success)
-much less lagers (have had issues - 1. technical 2. flavour/style 3. enjoyment of them)
-more belgian beers (have had success)

3. continue aiming to hit the FGs i want

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2024, 09:00:14 am »
my update after my "brewing season" - i mean i guess for sept 2024 to 2025

system:

1. depending on my financial goals - may get a whole new system that can save me time on brew day, control ferm temps better, reducing lifting and danger points.

2. beers:
-more english ales (have had success)
-much less lagers (have had issues - 1. technical 2. flavour/style 3. enjoyment of them)
-more belgian beers (have had success)

3. continue aiming to hit the FGs i want

Great resolutions. Everytime I spend to improve my homebrewing it's like a treat to save time and make the beer better. New brew system is such a fun time.

I agree on lagers being technically tough. I'm still wanting ways to have my lagers be bottled without so much oxygen too. I find ales more forgiving with the oxygen.

Re: English Ales yes and yes. Consider reading my most recent Zymurgy column if you have not already. It's right up your alley. https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/extra-special-beautiful-esb/
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director