Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: new 220v induction burner  (Read 672 times)

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
new 220v induction burner
« on: January 09, 2024, 10:19:03 am »
My (formerly trusty) used 220v induction burner crapped the bed mid-brew this morning so I'm in the process of shopping for a replacement.  I see this one:
https://www.avantcoequipment.com/product/177IC3500P/
has a probe that might be handy

Anybody have any experience with this particular Brand and/or model?
Thank you!

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
Re: new 220v induction burner
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 07:51:20 am »
Yes, I've brewed over a 100 batches on mine, easily. It is a work horse! Highly recommend
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 05:30:01 pm »
Yes, I've brewed over a 100 batches on mine, easily. It is a work horse! Highly recommend
Thanks for the reply.  Can you tell the make & model of your induction burner?

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 05:31:36 pm »
In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Nevermind."  After peeking at some you-tube trouble-shooting vids for induction cookers, I decided that I would be remiss if I didn't take my old induction cooktop apart and search for fuses.  Smart move on my part- I found two and one was blown.  A trip to the hardware store, $4.50 for a fuse, and some more time to put it back together and I've got a working induction cooker again.  I'm also glad that I choose to buy a used higher-end unit some 6 years ago as I imagine it was built to have it's fuses semi-easily replaceable.  Now if my local HBS wasn't closing I'd be sitting perfectly!

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 06:30:20 pm »
Well done!  I like the feeling of troubleshooting, finding an issue, and fixing what I have.

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 12:05:30 pm »
In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Nevermind."  After peeking at some you-tube trouble-shooting vids for induction cookers, I decided that I would be remiss if I didn't take my old induction cooktop apart and search for fuses.  Smart move on my part- I found two and one was blown.  A trip to the hardware store, $4.50 for a fuse, and some more time to put it back together and I've got a working induction cooker again.  I'm also glad that I choose to buy a used higher-end unit some 6 years ago as I imagine it was built to have it's fuses semi-easily replaceable.  Now if my local HBS wasn't closing I'd be sitting perfectly!
Awesome!! Way to go. (FWIW- I have Avantco IT-3500)
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 01:29:21 pm »
Well done!  I like the feeling of troubleshooting, finding an issue, and fixing what I have.
Thanks!  I suppose fixing and trouble-shooting stuff is part of the typical homebrewer's psyche.  At least it is for me.  I can use what I would have spent on a new cooker to stock up from my LHBS as I won't have one after a month or so as they discontinue their business.