Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: huh? 1-gallon unitank?  (Read 353 times)

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
huh? 1-gallon unitank?
« on: January 05, 2024, 03:55:39 pm »
I'll start by saying that I'm not a fancy equipment guy.

The latest issue of Zymurgy has an ad on the back cover for a 1-gallon unitank.  Complete with a tri-clamp dump port on the bottom and a schematic showing that its 6 1/4" in diameter.  No price info and I'm afraid to look it up.  I just don't get it.

When is the glycol chiller for it going on sale?

Offline Drewch

• Brewmaster
  • Just this guy, you know?
Re: huh? 1-gallon unitank?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 08:10:09 pm »
🤷‍♂️ I don't get it either. Part of the appeal of small batch brewing is the low barrier to entry (including cost).
The Other Drew

Home fermentations since 2019.

Member at large of the Central Alabama Brewers Society, the League of Drews, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 09:02:49 pm »
It does have easy grip handles!

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 06:24:27 am »
🤷‍♂️ I don't get it either. Part of the appeal of small batch brewing is the low barrier to entry (including cost).
That may be true for some, but for me it's strictly that the batch size matches my consumption. If a piece of gear is out there that meets my needs at an acceptable price point, I have no problems spending the money for it, even though I'm not brewing 5+ gallon batches.

That being said, this almost sounds like it would be most useful for something like a saurgut bioreactor or a small scale yeast brink rather than brewing 1 gallon batches of beer. This may be better suited for a small nanobrewery than homebrewers.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer