Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Store a corny keg at 72F for approx 3 weeks?  (Read 639 times)

Offline DillyDilly

• 1st Kit
Store a corny keg at 72F for approx 3 weeks?
« on: September 07, 2023, 11:12:25 am »
I have a small fridge using an Inkbird controller that I use to ferment my beer at a controlled temp +/-1 deg. When I'm done fermenting, I cold crash, then do a closed transfer to a corny keg filled with C02, then carbonate, and ready to serve after a few days to a week (depending how impatient I get).  Normally, I would put the corny keg right into the fridge at 31F for serving however, I would like to brew another beer that would take 2-3 weeks before it's ready for kegging (I can fit 2 corny kegs in my small fridge simultaneously having 2 beers on tap during the winter months). This being said, can I store the 1st carbonated keg at 72F in a closet on our main floor using our central AC to keep the temp stable for 2-3 weeks before putting it in the fridge with the 2nd keg. If yes, what C02 pressure should I use during this storage time period?  I'm brewing a blonde vanilla cocoa stout/ale in the 1st keg that would be the keg of discussion.  The recipe calls for longer conditioning anyway.

TIA - Mike

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Store a corny keg at 72F for approx 3 weeks?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 11:40:57 am »
Shouldn't be a problem. Use whatever pressure the keg is already at
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewthru

• Brewer
Re: Store a corny keg at 72F for approx 3 weeks?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 01:43:58 pm »
This, should, naturally carbonate as fermentation continues. Spunding valve?