Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bad Anvil / Blichman quality & service. Foundry dents repalced with worse dents  (Read 980 times)

Offline a_gunslinger

• 1st Kit
I love the system.  But have bad luck with quality so far, x 2.  The first Anvil Foundry I received had severa l dents, three nice ones on the grain pipe, and another one going all the way thru the double wall.  Ok, so thinks happen.  Contact them and they agree, not good, and said they woudl replace it.  A week goes by no news.  Contact them again and they said oops, we thought that went out.  Promised to get it out ASAP.  And they did, got it in 3 days.  HOWEVER!!!   The repalcement is more dented than the first!  I couldnt believe it. And they only sent the main kettle, not a repalcement grain pipe which was also denteed.  I have to believe they are trying to recycle other returns as replacement parts.  But this many large dents, x 2, they arent even trying.

First few dents.   Large dents in grain pipe bearable.  Double wall dent too much to let go.

Replacement kettle:

:o

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
At least you got something from them.

I ordered oxygen flow regulator from Blickmen web site more then 2 weeks ago. On the day of purchase I got confirmation “invoice” with payment info captured.

So far no regulator. I contacted them twice with no answer.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
The long wait or “oops, we thought it went out” could be due to COVID reduction in workforce, holiday craziness, a combination of the two, or they could just suck at taking care of the customer.

I know it sucks but the only thing you folks can do is give them a call and try to keep your cool when explaining the situation and getting it fixed.  You paid full price for a new item. You should get what you paid for. ...but you’ll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

narvin

Your pictures aren’t loading, btw.

Could also be a shipping problem. I have had fedex kick boxes down my driveway.  I can’t give you any current advice, but I bought a foundry when it first came out and the support ring for the basket wasn’t really the right size.  They sent one out pretty quickly. So perhaps it is holiday related.  Bugging companies on social media seems to get the most attention these days.

Offline Wilbur

• Brewmaster
I had poor results with the Anvil fermenter, but my foundry was good. I did have a dent in the drain pipe that popped right out though. Pics aren't loading for me either. A few in my homebrew club just grabbed these with the black friday deal they had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk