Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best Online/Mailorder Homebrew Supply Shop  (Read 19214 times)

Offline BrewArk

• Brewmaster
  • Rick - Newark, California
    • BrewArk
Best Online/Mailorder Homebrew Supply Shop
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:08 pm »
I usually buy locally just to save on shipping.  But occasionally I'm looking for something that my local guy doesn't have.  Does anybody have a favorite online or mail-order shop that they are passionate about? :)
Beer...Now there's a temporary solution!

Na ZdravĂ­

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
Re: Best Online/Mailorder Homebrew Supply Shop
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:10:06 pm »
There are quite a few that are pretty good. If I order online I normally use More Beer, Austin Homebrew, Midwest, or Norther. Depends on what I am looking for. Probably got more from More Beer than anywhere. I have found that Midwest normally has the best price shipped. Depends again on the item. I normally buy local to though. There was a new place called Rebel Brewer I believe that was just getting started the last time I ordered anything online. Shipped fast, cheap and had good prices. If your looking for wine supplies FIne Vine Wines gets all off my business. He is expanding to a full line of beer supplies as well. Can't wait for that.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:35:57 am »
I just ordered from Brewmasters Warehouse.  They have a cool application on their site that allowws you to build your recipe and then place it in your cart.  What's nice is that you can order just what you need, so if you only need .25 lbs of Black Patent, you don't have to buy a pound.  Flat rate shipping and if you listen to The Brewing Network, there's a 10% discount code.

They are very customer oriented.  They actually called me the other day because they had a question about my order.  They could have easily sent an email, but I give them props for wanting the interaction with the customer.

I buy my hops from Nikobrew.com ( also with a Brewing Network discount ) who sells by the ounce, pound ( 1, 5, & 11 ).

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 11:55:56 am »
Austin, Northern and Rebel in that order. Rebel is relatively new, but their prices are the best . . especially on grains and hops.

http://www.rebelbrewer.com
Just brew it...

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:23:30 pm »
I've never used these guys online, but I really like em- http://www.brewbrothers.biz/ . They're located near Portland, OR (I think near Hillsboro) and they deliver free to PDX metro if you order over $200 worth.  I live in Boring, OR (over an hour from them) and they've delivered to me 3 times so far.  Great pricing and really nice people.  I only know them from having them deliver to my house.  It's cool having 3 or 4 hundred dollars of grain delivered to your house.

Offline tesla_hv

• Cellarman
  • Captain Conundrum
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:13:12 pm »
I like Homebrewers Outpost in AZ.  They usually ship within hours of placing an order.  Plus, the ship to APO addresses which is obviously important to me!
Yeast Starters: none
Primary: Piney the Conifer
Secondary: Pliny the Elder, Scottish Wee Heavy
Bottled: Undead-Guy Ale, Habanero IPA, Belgian Tripel IPA, Blind Pig, "Island Zombie" Ale, Apple/Rasp Hard Cider

Offline brookspn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 09:42:34 pm »
Try the Grape and Granary in Akron, OH.  They have a great grain and hop selection as well as a whole lot of equipment and other necessities.

Offline klosterfocke

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:38:53 am »
For online hops, check out Puterbaugh Farms at www.hopsdirect.com. I've used them for years and have got great hops and service from them.

Offline ski4fun

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »
I like Austin, I think their shipping costs are pretty good. It used to be 6.99 no matter how big your order was? I'm not sure if it's still like that or not. Sadly, I haven't ordered anything for a while.
Cheers!
Mark

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 03:09:04 pm »
$7.99 now . .
Just brew it...

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »
I like Austin, I think their shipping costs are pretty good. It used to be 6.99 no matter how big your order was? I'm not sure if it's still like that or not. Sadly, I haven't ordered anything for a while.

About 2 weeks ago, I got a 25 gal megapot delivered from them for $6.99 shipping.  Great deal for a heavy item

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 07:00:59 pm »

About 2 weeks ago, I got a 25 gal megapot delivered from them for $6.99 shipping.  Great deal for a heavy item

I always throw on a wine kit to the flat shipping. Naturally they're not the cheapest wine kits around, but I still come out way ahead when you consider the shipping. I've only used them for ingredients and small stuff like flasks. Grain I get local.

-OCD
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 08:09:24 pm »
I like Homebrewers Outpost in AZ.  They usually ship within hours of placing an order.  Plus, the ship to APO addresses which is obviously important to me!

+1 Love the Plug hops that they purvey...
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline k4df4l

• Cellarman
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 06:12:46 am »
I've ordered from Northern Brewer, Midwest, Austin & Brewmasters Warehouse.  I'f I were ordering something today, Midwest and Northern would be my first choices.

Offline brandon

• Cellarman
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 01:27:24 pm »

http://www.rebelbrewer.com

Yep Rebel has such good grain (and a ton of different malts) and hop prices that is my HBS of choice
www.EMBRACEtheFUNK.com <---My Sour Beer Website